Home

RTTS- My Hitting is Horrible

This is a discussion on RTTS- My Hitting is Horrible within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
RTTS- My Hitting is Horrible

Okay, so I know a lot this can just be how well I hit as a person with pitch recognition and what not. But when I play my season games, I hit really well.

So, is my career batting average of .220 a result of not building up my training and attributes yet? Plenty of times I hit the ball well only to have it tracked down in the gaps. I am also noticing that I check swing a lot when I don't mean to...it feels like I am pushing the button well...anyone else have this problem?

So, I guess I am just looking for reassurance that as I increase my attributes, the hitting will get better. Sadly, I had someone do a wall climb catch to steal a Grand Slam from me. My RTTS player threw his helmet in the dugout...just about what I was doing in real life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: RTTS- My Hitting is Horrible

Three things that got me to a great RttS hitter:
1. Patience
2. Great attributes
3. PATIENCE

You can't swing at everything that is close. I walk a lot more than I probably should simply because I don't swing at bad pitches. You have to have patience or you will swing and bad pitches which means your avg will plummet.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks, man. Agreed that patience is key. The worst is when I go into an at-bat wanting to be really patient, and the pitcher throws three straight strikes on the corner.

What batting view do you use? Do you use any hitters eye?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by artyzipp

What batting view do you use? Do you use any hitters eye?
The default batting view. I really haven't messed with anything in regards to the hitter's eye or batting view. All sliders are default. PCI is default. The only thing I changed was to turn off the pitch fad thing.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by artyzipp
So, is my career batting average of .220 a result of not building up my training and attributes yet?
Difficult to say without knowing what your attributes are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
Rookie

They are pretty low starting AA. I think my highest one is my Contact against Righties (58)
Old 03-31-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
Rookie

As you raise your attributes, especially the contact attribute, your player will usually hit the ball better. My first season i hit like .180, but after i started raising my attributes im up where you are in the .220 range. But like everyone else said, patience is the thing to have. I know its hard where a goal will pop up that says. "Drive the run in". So you are trying to get a good swing, but don't worry, as long as you get on base and the runner advances, you will get points for positive results.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Frankly I disagree that attributes are a dealbreaker in the minors (unless you're simulating). It's all about quality contact. And, as it's been explained to you, quality contact is all about patience.

Until you've got two strikes, pick a spot (and maybe even a pitch to that spot - like FB) and do not swing unless you get it. In the minors, you will be fed low fastballs all *** long. Hitting .300 will not be difficult.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »