Home

How do we get more Offesive Rebounding

This is a discussion on How do we get more Offesive Rebounding within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
How do we get more Offesive Rebounding

The easy answer is sliders, but I got it already stacked in my favor like 95 to 5....playing on deadlycanes AC sliders, and I roll with WVU who is one of the best rebounding teams

The cpu rebounding sliders seem to work pretty well...a couple clicks and teams like Marq and Nova are rebounding machines

I try to take shots with my guys near the basket, but its just not feeling right....I should absolutely kill a lot of the teams on the boards with WVU yet its a struggle to pull even

anyways anyone got any ideas to make this part of the game come alive???

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: How do we get more Offesive Rebounding

3 words............

MASSIVE ROSTER EDITS

That is the only way to fix the flaws in this game to where it shows some resemblance to actual real life basketball.

Sliders only seem to work to a certain point and like you already noticed, for the cpu mainly. This and some other reasons is why I hear ch2k8 calling me back.

This game had so much potential.......only it needed was ONE patch and this game would have been great. Sadly EA abandoned this game a day after it hit the stores. No patches......

Only thing they do is roster updates.

If they fixed...............

1. Lack of offensive rebounds
2. Lack of tip dunks.
3. Lack of dunks period
4. Insane foul calls.
5. Auto foul drawing lay up attempts
6. Post game

This game would have been great. The spacing was there. Motion offense was fluid. But the other things weighed this thing down. Sure half of that stuff I mentioned could be fixed to a certain degree with roster edits though.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Roster edits won't help either. If there is one aspect of NCAA Basketball 10 that's completely jacked, it's the rebounding.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Every time I play, when I get to the screen that has tip off, arena select, etc, I go to the option that lets you choose 3 focus points I alway choose "box out" and I get offensive rebounds.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Boxing out is trying to stop the other team from getting offense rebounds. Its telling your defenders to keep their body between players (trying to crash the boards) and the basket.

The game plan option "crashing the off boards" is the one that sends more people to boards to get offensive rebounds. Its only available if playing a high tempo offense.

For half-court and balanced attacks its not available. I presume that is due to the fact that if you crash the boards it makes you more vulnerable to giving up fast break baskets. But they really should have allowed the option to crash the boards for half-court and balanced attacks too.

Oh.. and roster edits do help. If you increase the offensive rebounding skill for your players you will get more offensive rebounds.

Last edited by 433tom; 03-29-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Try editing off. reb. +15 and dropping def.reb -15. The reason I lower def. reb. is it helps the computer as well plus I don't want to increase my players overall ratings. It does help
Old 03-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I believe in the thinking "basketball is a big mans game" to dominate the other team I keep my team big in height and size. So I scout mostly tall players.

Everyone on my team is tall. The only thing I can't get around is PG position players. Because I use ARMY there aren't any tall PGs wanting to play for ARMY. I only have smaller PGs to recruit. 5'8 to 6'0 mostly.

However my C/PF are all mostly 6'10 and up. My SF are all above 6'4 currently I only have one 6'4 SF the rest are 6'8 to 6'10. That is my tip to you if sliders don't work and you don't want to redo rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »