Home

Does anybody else HATE baseball?

This is a discussion on Does anybody else HATE baseball? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5
Does anybody else HATE baseball?

Now, don't think I'm trashing the game (or the sport really). It's actually the exact opposite.

Look, I can't stand baseball. I'm not a fan. I don't watch it on TV, don't go to games...I really couldn't care less. I DO keep up with major transactions and records just because I enjoy sports..but I'm a football guy 1st, basketball a distant 2nd, and baseball never.

Regardless, I still LOVE this game. I got an itch last year to play a baseball game last year, gamefly'd The Show 09, and HATED it. I couldn't hit, couldn't pitch...but I refused to send it back until I at least satiated my desire to knock a few dingers. I started a RTTS, and slowly fell in love with the game. Bought it a few weeks later (around June of that year)

This year...I was a release date guy. I can't get over how great it looks and plays, and I LOVE the challenge the game presents. (I'm still not a great hitter, but getting better every game in my NEW RTTS).

So...anybody else like me? I'm still no baseball fan, but I admit the show has made me follow the actual sport a little bit more closely.

I just think it's a testament to how great a sports game this is to make a person, who in reality hates the sport, play the game at least 2-3 hours per day. Way to go SCEA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Does anybody else HATE baseball?

Hating baseball is blasphemy round these parts. Baseball is one of life's greatest escapes. I'd rather be on the mound with a brand new baseball in my hand, warming up to pitch in a baseball game then anywhere else. Anywhere.

That being said this game does one heck of a job portraying Americas greatest pastime. I hope it helps convert you to a fan.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24

ok,
I could not be more opposite than you w.r.t. the game of baseball. I think baseball is the greatest sport ever. Nothing really comes close. Don't get me wrong, I love football, hockey and even like soccer. I am not a big basketball guy. And I love this freaking game to the point that my wife is all but ready to kick me out! I think one of the best things about baseball is that there is no clock. The game isn't over till that last out, see the 1986 Mets. Another thing I love about baseball is that it is truly a game of inches. You can have a shot hit over 400 feet and be just foul by inches for a harmless strike or even caught for a long out. You have that "seeing-eye" single to score that winning run. Or you can have that dramatic game winning strike out where a base hit wins the game. Truly baseball can give that "pins and needles" or heart thumping feeling. Kirk Gibson's game winning homerun off of Eck in the world series was incredible. A few of those pitches that Eck threw prior to the homer could have been called strike three, they were that close! The Dodgers would have obviously lost that game and most likely the series. As much as Selig and company try to ruin baseball, baseball survives. If baseball was run like the NFL it would be even greater. It'll survive this steroid disaster too. If it survived the year without a world series it will survive anything.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 42

I don't hate baseball, I love it. It's my passion.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
Hating baseball is blasphemy round these parts.
Yeah if you said that around me well lets just say bad things might happen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

I usually only watch bb during the playoffs.
I still find it kinda boring till around the 7th inning,where it gets really interesting. (unless it's a blowout)
But, I love this game! Because I'm not watching, I'm actually a part of the game.

Still, 162 games is a loonnng season,lol.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaman
I don't hate baseball, I love it. It's my passion.
Every time I see you post in the What are you watching? thread it's always MLB Network. For someone who watches that network as much as you do, it better be your passion.

Until I realized I liked watching hockey, I used to be the same way with hockey games. I used to hate watching hockey, but I also bought a new hockey game every year. Figure that out. Then the Olympics happened, and now I can't get enough hockey, on TV or otherwise.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8
DOUBLE TO RIGHT

DOUBLE TO RIGHT

In a far away time
And a far away place
There stood groups of men
With pennants to chase
With spectacular power
And incredible might
They would single past third or