Home

Information--amatuer draft MLB10--bug?

This is a discussion on Information--amatuer draft MLB10--bug? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Information--amateur draft MLB10--bug?

Ok, I've tried to follow this board and the posts with a pretty high degree of scrutiny. I loved MLB09 and still play it (played every game into August). I kind of hate to give up on it with all the time I invested but it sounds like after the patch, MLB10 is the real deal.

That being said, I'm trying to figure out what the problems with the game are post patch #2. I'm basically just a franchise guy and don't mess with the other modes.

The one "bug" that I've read in a few threads is that there is a problem with the amateur draft in Franchise Mode causing too many highly rated pitchers and not enough position players which "ruins" franchise mode. Is this true? Has this been tested and proven or is it it false information? Does it happen every season?

Trying to decide if I should upgrade and this is a major issue for me since I can still have fun continuing my MLB09 franchise that I've invested tons of hours into (but like most everyone, I'd rather have the best game possible).

So any insight would be appreciated. I know from following threads that sometimes information isn't always correct or gets jumbled in with a ton of other topics so I'm trying to get a handle on this issue. Thank you.

Last edited by TheBrew101; 03-21-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Information--amatuer draft MLB10--bug?

It depends how much you like building your team through the draft. If your a big draft person then it will make it hard for you to enjoy franchise mode.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

How many pitchers do you usually see in the draft?
Total?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Rookie

I don't know. I only have MLB09 and only did one draft on that one. If I wouldn't have read about the issue in these forums I wouldn't know it to be a problem (if it is). I'm guessing there are 60-90 pitchers in a draft? (Pure guess but I would suspect that every team could draft at least 2 pitchers).

But if almost all the pitchers are coming out with "A" potential and throwing off the balance then I think it is a major issue. I don't know if that is the case (I don't have MLB10 and that is what I'm trying to determine with this thread). Has anyone tested this issue enough to know if the draft really is truly consistently "broken"?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
MVP

Its discussed here
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...prospects.html

The draft is generating A potential Pitchers at a much higher rate than position players.
In my franchise 27 A potential SP's came out one year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks, that must have been the thread I read that had me scared.

So the issue wasn't addressed in patch #2 right? And it sounds like this is a problem with every draft and not just a random issue? No fix except for the one suggested (which I don't think it is a good one-i.e. changing drafted players to 45 years old so they retire)?

I'm surprised there isn't a major uproar about this issue. Unless maybe it doesn't play out to be a problem (thought that thread you referenced leads me to believe it may be a problem). Do all "A" rated potential pitchers turn out to be studs? Or do some of these guys flame out?

Last edited by TheBrew101; 03-19-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
CPT
Banned

CPT's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101

So the issue wasn't addressed in patch #2 right? And it sounds like this is a problem with every draft and not just a random issue? No fix except for the one suggested (which I don't think it is a good one-i.e. changing drafted players to 45 years old so they retire)?

I'm surprised there isn't a major uproar about this issue. Unless maybe it doesn't play out to be a problem (thought that thread you referenced leads me to believe it may be a problem). Do all "A" rated potential pitchers turn out to be studs? Or do some of these guys flame out?
Would it be better or more enjoyable if there were tons of A-level position players.... so there was little to no difference between any guy you draft or pick-up?

Yes, I know - ideally we all want a balance but it it were to be tipped in favor of one direction I would rather face several A-pitchers as opposed to a crapload of guys who should be stuck in AA ball.

while my experience may just be the exception to this "rule," I just had a draft (7 picks) where I grabbed 4 position players, three of which were A-grades, one B, while my pitchers were A,B,and F.

Furthermore, I know that guys do for a fact, have their potential grades changed as time goes on..... both up and down.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101

I don't mind the fact if there's few high potential position players, I just would like some balance. Because the number of A potential pitchers you see in the minors borders on absurd by the 3rd season in franchise.

These are some SP rosters I see in my franchise. Nearly all the A and B potential pitchers are prospects from the draft, or were in the minors when with the current roster update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-03-15_125318.jpg (103.6 KB, 487 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-03-15_1253382.jpg (98.9 KB, 485 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-03-15_125426.jpg (100.8 KB, 478 views)

Last edited by bxgoods; 03-20-2010 at 10:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »