Home

Kudos to whoever posted HighHeat's House rules for hitting..

This is a discussion on Kudos to whoever posted HighHeat's House rules for hitting.. within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Kudos to whoever posted HighHeat's House rules for hitting..

Sorry..I know I saw this in another post in here a day or so ago, but couldn't find it in search..though I did find the original HighHeat stuff. So whoever reposted these in a thread recently, thanks and credit to you. These "house rules" have helped me tremendously in working the count. Because of this my strikeouts have gone down and my OBP has gone up. I figured these are working so good for me that I should give them their own new thread in here for those like myself who have somehow never stumbled across these:

Quote:
Highheat's House Rules

My House Rules for Batting:

Rule 1 -
Must wait until the AI throws one strike in the count to swing, unless it is a 2-0 or 3-0 count. If an out is recorded on a swing during a 2-0 or 3-0 count, I lose the power swing on remaining 2-0 and 3-0 counts for that inning unless I draw a walk to regain it.

Rule 2 - Must use Power swing on all 2-0 and 3-0 counts (square button), must use contact swing on 1 and 2 strike counts (X button).

Rule 3 - Only allowed one batter in the 1st, 4th, and 7th inning to swing at the first pitch. (First Pitch Swinging) This allows me not to step to the plate every at bat and have to wait for a strike to be thrown. Rule resets at beginning of 10th inning and same player may not first pitch swing more than once per game. I may not use the same player more than once per game to first pitch swing.

Rule 4 - Only allowed one bunt attempt per inning, whether it is a sacrifice, bunt for hit, or squeeze attempt.

Rule 5 -
When hitting in a National League Park, I may only pinch hit for the pitcher after 7 innings of game time and losing or any current Starting Pitcher house rules are met. Same rules apply for any relievers that enter the game.

I have only made one minor change. I NEVER swing 3-0. And I think 3-1 is another power count, so I'll give myself the requirement of swinging power on 3-1..and of course the same penalties apply if I make an out.

I realize this stuff may be too fiddly for some, but if not I encourage you to use these if you're having trouble working pitchers. I'm using them with CPU strike frequency at default and control at 6 and consistency at 8 and I'm still getting deep counts and even walks. A pitcher who is on with his control will still give you fits, but these have helped me to not hurt myself at the plate as much with bad swings in early pitch counts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Kudos to whoever posted HighHeat's House rules for hitting..

me,me,me!! Awesome work HighHeat I love them
Old 03-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Where can you find all of the rules? I'm interesting in reading the rest.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

here they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheatkingsb
Highheat's House Rules

My House Rules for Batting:

Rule 1 -
Must wait until the AI throws one strike in the count to swing, unless it is a 2-0 or 3-0 count. If an out is recorded on a swing during a 2-0 or 3-0 count, I lose the power swing on remaining 2-0 and 3-0 counts for that inning unless I draw a walk to regain it.

Rule 2 - Must use Power swing on all 2-0 and 3-0 counts (square button), must use contact swing on 1 and 2 strike counts (X button).

Rule 3 - Only allowed one batter in the 1st, 4th, and 7th inning to swing at the first pitch. (First Pitch Swinging) This allows me not to step to the plate every at bat and have to wait for a strike to be thrown. Rule resets at beginning of 10th inning and same player may not first pitch swing more than once per game. I may not use the same player more than once per game to first pitch swing.

Rule 4 - Only allowed one bunt attempt per inning, whether it is a sacrifice, bunt for hit, or squeeze attempt.

Rule 5 -
When hitting in a National League Park, I may only pinch hit for the pitcher after 7 innings of game time and losing or any current Starting Pitcher house rules are met. Same rules apply for any relievers that enter the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My House Rules for Pitching:

Rule 1 - I use a deck of cards to determine my every pitch. Location is wherever you want. If there are four pitches in a clockwise sequence such as fastball, curve, 2 seam fastball, change-up, then 1,5,9 equals fastball, 2,6,10 equals curve and so forth.

Rule 2 - only one pickoff attempt per at bat

Rule 3 - Starters can go as long as they want until the following occurs.

Rule 3a - A total of 5 earned runs or 10 base runners combined in (hits, errors, walks)

Rule 3b - a total of 9 base runners and 2 men on base.

Rule 3c - Energy Bar has depleted completely. Can continue for only the remainder of that at-bat. (Rule becomes void if pitching a no-hitter. Starter will remain in game until no hitter becomes void.

Rule 3d - tied or losing after the 7th inning or the above occurs before. If it's a scoreless tie, starter may continue until first run scores or if any of rules 3a-3c are met.

Rule 3e - after 7th inning, starter may continue until potential tying run comes to the plate. (Such as leading 4-2 and the AI has one runner on base. If tying run is coming up to bat, the starter must be pulled, unless you are pitching a shutout or if any of rules 3a-3c occur while pitching shutout.)

Rule 3f -
If a starter leaves the game due to an injury and starter qualifications are still in progress (Rules 3a-3e), I am able to substitute a long reliever in his place and pick up where that starter has left off, picking up where the previous pitcher left off and accumulating his statistics for that game in relating to the qualifications (Rules 3a-3e). *****Same rule applies for a Long Reliever that may be in the game*****

Rule 4 - Relievers can go a maximum of 4 innings for long relievers, 3 innings for middle, and 2 innings setups and closers.

Rule 4b - Long relievers may only enter game from the 1st to 5th innings. Beyond the 5th inning, the Long Relievers can only enter game after all middle relievers are used.

Rule 4c - Relievers must be pulled if they give up any of the following:

- Long Relievers - 4 earned runs or
a total of 5 base runners combined (hits, errors, walks)

- Middle Relievers - 3 earned runs or
a total of 5 base runners combined (hits, errors, walks)

- Set Up Relievers and Closers - 2 earned runs or a total of 5 base runners combined (hits, errors, walks)

Rule 4d - setup man
automatically enters in the 8th inning if potential tying run comes to the plate, unless starter is pitching a shutout and Rules 3a-3c are not met. If any of Rules 3a-3c are met, setup man must enter.

Rule 4e - Closer enters in 9th if winning by 3 runs
or less and starter is not pitching a shutout. If the starter is still in the game, the closer automatically enters when potential tying run comes to the plate unless the starter is pitching a no hitter. Also, if a reliever is in the game and winning by more than 3 runs, the closer will enter only if the Reliever rules in 4c are met, it becomes a lead of 3 or less, or the potential tying run comes to the plate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My House Rules For Base Running:

Rule 1 - May steal as much as possible. I must wait until the AI pitcher lifts his leg before pressing the L2 button to steal.

Rule 2 - If I get caught stealing a base including getting picked off, I lose all stealing ability until AI makes a pitching change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My House Rules For Off Field

Drafting

I will draft according to positions needed beginning with the higher amount of players needed for that position. I will take the top prospect available at that position, but the years/$$$ offered will still be determined by a card process.

Management/Promotions

Trade Block

I will put 3 pitchers and 3 fielders on the trading block on the first day of each month based on performance. One pitcher/fielder from each team in the organization.

Pitchers - Lowest ERA
Hitters - Lowest Average

Promotions

(All Fielders/Relivers must have played 1/3 of games at that level and Starters must have pitched at least 1/2 of season starts of the 5 man rotation.) Ex: I've played 40 games, then the 5 man rotation would have started 8 times each, therefore the player must have pitched 4 starts to qualify.

AA-AAA

1st of each month - send a starter up/down based on ERA.

10th of each month - send a fielder up/down based on average.

20th of each month - send a relief pitcher up/down based on ERA.

*****All promotions end on August 20th based on potential playoff births*****

MLB/AAA

At the 40, 80, 120 game mark, a fielder, reliever and starter will be moved up/down to the big squad based on Average, ERA, and Losses (with win % being the tie-breaker respectively.)

Positions Seeked

I'm allowed to seek 5 positions, so I will check mark the 5 positions that I rank the lowest in at the beginning of each month when I put players on the trade block.

Trades

Computer Offers Only - all offers will be accepted except for one rejection a season at my discretion.

Free Agency

I will release an unlimited amount of players that have expired contracts each season. Players released will be determined by a coin flip. (Heads will re-sign, Tails will be released.) All club and player options will cycle through before they re-sign or ask for their release. If asked for a release, I will then flip the coin to determine if they will re-sign or not. I will replace released players with players of the same positions and will not be able to re-sign players that I released from that season. All signings will be determined by a card system of mine, the same used for drafting method (numbers 1-13 from top to bottom of FA list). I must make one offer to each position needed(cards determine years and salary is default) and wait to see if that designated player accepts or not, if offer(s) are declined, I will re-draw and re-offer until a player is signed for that designated position.

- I will manually protect two pitchers (one starter and one releiver) and two fielders of my choosing to be re-signed. Contract will still be based on card system. (Franchising). I may not protect the same player(s) in back-to-back seasons.

Contracts

All negotiating for rookies and all return players re-signing contracts will be determined by a card system. I will draw a card #1-7 to determine the number of years and the money will be default for that period of time. If the player fails to re-sign for the current amount, I will move up the amount one click at a time until the player signs the deal.

Injuries

If an injury occurs, I will hit the auto assign button to determine the outcome of a player. The AI will automatically designate who replaces that player on all levels.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
here they are

THANKS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

It would take 6 hours to complete 1 game trying to follow all those rules.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
It would take 6 hours to complete 1 game trying to follow all those rules.
lol, I follow all of these with the exception of the deck of cards to pitch
Old 03-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

I stopped reading as soon as a deck of cards to determine what pitch and where was involved...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »