Home

Tim Tebow's impact on Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Tim Tebow's impact on Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Tim Tebow's impact on Madden 11?

They say Tim Tebow is probably the greatest college player of all time.

But when that translate to the NFL and more in particular to Madden NFL 11, where will he sit?

Currently you would have to say as a pure Quarterback he would rate somewhere between 58-65.

So I was wondering, do you think the Madden devs are working on a way to make arguably the greatest college player of all time actually be a factor in this game? He has a great following and I'm sure many people will try to turn him into a great QB in franchise mode.

So here is what I am thinking. My bet is that the Madden team add a new attribute to players - Leadership. And it will be directly because of Tebow. Out of the 2010 draft class you would say he would have the highest rating in this area and would make him a good player to use.

What the leadership rating would do I am not sure? Probably something like keep team spirits high in dire circumstances or give you more momentum to make the big plays.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Jono078; 03-15-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Tim Tebow's impact on Madden 11?

I don't see why they would change the game to fit a (maybe) 2nd round draft pick. Not to mention i'm not sure just how many people like Tebow.

I just hope his stats don't plummet when I change him to a tight end.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

While I would love a leadership rating they better not openly say it's there just because of Tebow.

What I do see them doing is giving Tebow the god awful QB ratings he deserves, but giving him a B potential (A's to high). Just so all the Tebow lovers can develop him into a real NFL QB one day.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yes Tim Tebow was a great college football QB and so where so many more before him. Madden 11 and beyond in not revolved around him. Just because Tim did very good in college doesn't mean is going to be automaticlly a great NFL QB right away There is no telling if Tim will become a good qb in the nfl. It's all depending on how he develope his skills over time. I would not steak all my money on him just because he was good in college. Only a very small percentage QBs in a nfl draft gone on to great ones. Back in 1998 when Peyton manning and Mcnabb was drafted. That was the year of QBs they said. But 12 years later from that ggreat draft class of QBs only 2 still remain in league today. Mcnabb and Manning. So just because Tim Tebow is is good in college does not mean it will translate over to the NFL Thats just with any rookie QB. But I doubt that madden 11 will revolve around Tim.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 03-15-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

manning was drafted a year before mcnabb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

How about letting us add eye paint to players faces in Madden 11.Tebow wears it.And I hope they make HIS face and not use a generic rookies face like they did with Sanchez
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #7
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

1st of all let me say that I don't like Tim Tebow. My mom loves him and she makes me want to kick the television sometimes. But as far as rating TT as a pro player. Honestly I think this guy will be all world in about 5 years. Yep u heard it from foolish813 first. There is something that makes greatness in a football player and this kid reeks of it. for instance, Ray Lewis. He wasn't the fastest or the smartest coming out of college, but you and everybody else could smell winner on that kid. It's when you count too much on physicality, and college stats, this is where people go wrong. It's not so much an issue in the later rounds because if a player is a bust who cares. It may not even make your very own teams paper. But high picks always stand out more in the media. Anyways, that's my take on the kid even though i'm sick of hearing his name. He will be a great NFL starting QB in 5 years.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
manning was drafted a year before mcnabb
Ooops one year off with Mcnabb. But you should get my point anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »