Home

Where Will Pujols Go

This is a discussion on Where Will Pujols Go within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Where Will Pujols Go

Loads of Hype and Attention have been brought to the 2010-11 offseason. The Free Agent class is one of the best baseball has ever seen. It's star studded with the likes Of Josh Beckett, Brandon Webb, Cliff Lee, Carl Crawford,, Carlos Pena, Joe Mauer and Most importantly possibly the greatest hitter to grace the game Albert Pujols. Much Speculation has stated that the Cardinals won't resign Pujols weather it is Monetary issues or the fact that Pujols just does not want to be with The Cardinals organization anymore. This is not a Hypothetical Situation it can actually happen. Below I have selected possible Candidates in the Albert Pujols Sweepstakes I have listed the Top 2 candidates that very well could be in the race for the new King of Swing.

1. The San Fransisco Giants

A very possible scenario. The giant's don't have many high paid players on there team right now and really are missing one piece to the proverbial championship puzzle. San Fransisco has a large baseball following and is situated in a very nice Climate. The main reason pujols would want to go there : Longevity.
The Giants are filled with All-star talent in the likes of Matt Cain, Timmy Lincecum and Pablo "Kung-Fu Panda" Sandoval. Not to mention the promising youngsters with the names of Buster Posey and Madison Bumgarner. The Giants could pull off a late 90's yankees and win 3 straight Titles maybe more. The sky is the limit with the Giants especially if Pujols comes to town

2. Tampa Bay Rays - Much like the Giants the Rays have young talent that could also make a good championship run if they had the right guy. Hell they almost won it all if it was not for in-experience. The only 2 reasons the Rays might not be able to sign Pujols would be
1. Florida is not a notorious "Big" State in terms of exposure.
2. The rays are not known for shelling out the big bucks to get an all-star and usually home grow there players.
The reason the Ray would go after pujols would be the fact that most likely carlos Pena and Carl Crawford will not resign with the team.

there you have it thanks for reading
-james

Last edited by 24; 03-14-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34
Re: Where Will Pujols Go

Instead of doing the whole run-around, it would've been easier to title the thread 'I Want Pujols On The Yankees'.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Instead of doing the whole run-around, it would've been easier to title the thread 'I Want Pujols On The Yankees'.
don't bash. this is a serious thread i truly believe pujols will go to the giants. i threw in the yankees for fun

Old 03-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Cooperstown.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
don't bash. this is a serious thread i truly believe pujols will go to the giants. i threw in the yankees for fun
Not bashing, buckaroo. I was trying to help you out.

Why the edit? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Cooperstown.
As a lifelong Cardinal.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #7
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

The biggest problem with this thread is that Pujols is not eligable for free agency until after the 2011 season and therefore will not be part of the "star studded" free agent class following the 2010 season.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsox
The biggest problem with this thread is that Pujols is not eligable for free agency until after the 2011 season and therefore will not be part of the "star studded" free agent class following the 2010 season.
Another problem is i'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that he signs an extension in the 2010 offseason so it's all moot.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »