Home

Radie420's Player DNA Request Thread

This is a discussion on Radie420's Player DNA Request Thread within the MLB 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 17
Radie420's Player DNA Request Thread

I have several unannounce projects in the tube for MLB2K10, but much of that work wont come until there is a better (community based) roster set to use as a base.

In the meantime I was thinking I could still over some services to the community.

ALL COMPLETED PLAYERS WILL BE IN MY 2KSHARE
(GT: RADIE420)

I dont do much other then put in the time and effort to research the players and work on making them look (bit of an appearance nut) and play like the do in real life.

Hit me with any requests and I will see what I can do.

My first few guys will be posted soon after I cull a little more info (hard to find evidence of some of these guys in their Stretch Windup).

POST REQUESTS BELOW

Any additional info is always welcomed!

COMPLETED:

IN PROGRESS:
NYM - Ryota Igarashi
WAS - Stephen Strasburg
NYY- Jesus Montero

PIPELINE:
NYM - Jenrry Mejia
ATL - Jason Heyward
DET - Austin Jackson
SEA - Dustin Ackley
SEA - Carlos Triunfel
NYM - Ike Davis
BOS - Casey Kelly
BOS - Jose Iglesias

Last edited by UwantRadie; 03-15-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Radie420's Player DNA Request Thread

I will try to provide as much info on my DNA creations as I can...

Here is a few pics of How Ryota Igarashi came out:

All pics are inside SPOILER tags to keep things neat.

Here are a few of my source images:

Spoiler

InGame:
Spoiler

When I upload him to 2KShare (after some more research), I will post some more relevant info on him and will try to do this with all players I make.

FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS WELCOME!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
Rookie

Here is a little teaser on The Strasburg...

He is a little on the tough side... It still needs work, particularly on the eyebrows (though all the eyebrows come out bad I am seeing).

Any info that might help on this one is much appreciated....

Spoiler

I think I need to make him a little thinner in the trunk/torso area.

FYI - After reading some things about his Delivery, I chose to give him Jeremy Bonderman's... this might be tweaked in the final run, but it seems pretty apt for now... especially with the "inverted W" he makes with his arms (though isnt that just an "M"?)
Old 03-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is awesome that you are doing this man!
Can you make Jenrry Mejia of the Mets?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Woah, great job on the Igarashi!

Since you appear to be taking time with these and not rushing them, can you get a Jason Heyward (Braves stud rookie) and Jesus Montero (potential Yankees Catcher of the future)?

Thanks in advance, I can't wait to download the Igarashi/Strasburg to test them out. Any idea when you are going to upload them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Those are pretty good!

Can you do Austin Jackson of the Tigers?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Awesome work!

How about Dustin Ackley and Carlos Triunfel of the Mariners?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #8
Rookie

Thanks for the kind words...

I will put all those guys on the list.

As for a timetable.. I am not sure... I am trying to make thiese as accurate as possible and I am not fully familiar with the ratings just yet. I didnt have the internet for the first 10 days that I had this game (recently moved) and I am still hooked on My Player (just over 300 games played) and a recent XBL Arcade game (Toy Soldiers).. those are reasons that I am a little behind in my knowledge of the rating system but once I get up to speed I should be good to go and will post players as they are done.

I am thinking that I will cheat a little and just give all pitchers one of two batting attribute sets... One for NL Starters and another for NL Relievers and all AL Pitchers... Unless of course there is some reason for me to make an exception (a Dontrelle Willis or Mike Hampton).

I might have to cheat with some of the pitchers batting stances too, though I am holding out hope.. A good example is Igarashi.. who knows when a pic or video of him batting will pop up? But we'll see.

I am pretty happy with how Igarashi looks.. I wish there was better facial hair options, but I can deal with that... but some of the little details kill me.. like the finger.. for some reason 2K10 took out the finger sleeve on the glove... also, I was hoping I could cheat the game into changing the laces on the mitts like you can cheat NHL10 to use team color logos on Goalie equipment, by switching the player to a Catcher (the only Mitt to have lace color option) and then setting it and then switching positions back, but that didnt work.

Some more info on Igarashi... off the top of my head...
  • Fastball - 96 mph (his averages last year in Japan) - 42%
  • Splitter - 90 mph - 33%
  • Curveball - 86 mph -13%
  • Slider - 88 mph - 12%
All of his pitches range from 77 -61 for Control as he has some control issues.. I havent put in the other pitching stats yet though so I dont have an accurate reading on him yet.

Will work on this in the next day or so and hopefully will have a few complete and will have done some work on others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters »