Home

Super's Selections: Week 3

This is a discussion on Super's Selections: Week 3 within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Super's Selections: Week 3

Let’s get ready for Week 3, and remember that none of this stuff is personal.

Week 3

Bears @ Buccaneers

The Bears are coming off a crushing loss to the Saints to bring their record back down to 500. Despite the loss, they’re still a better team than the Yuckaneers even though they got a win over the Texans. Paniro should be able to wipe the floor with the Bucs.

Bears 30
Yucks 13

Falcons @ Cowboys

Both this teams made it to the playoffs last year, so this should be a fun one to watch. Last week, Matt Ryan lit up the Packers defense with six touchdown passes, but the Falcons have to now deal with DeMarcus Ware. Well Well got an unimpressive win over the Pats and lost a close on the Redskins. I don’t see Matt Ryan getting six touchdowns this week but they’ll still win, but it won’t be by much.

Falcons 24
Cowboys 20

Jaguars @ Texans

Personally, I don’t think either of these teams are any good, but someone has to win the AFC South division. The Texans are now rolling with Pat White at quarterback when they traded away Matt Schaub, I’m interested to see if they have any success with White. I think Trojan made a dumb trade with MJD going to Cincinnati, but they’ll still win, because they’re facing the Texans.

Jaguars 17
Texans 13

Bengals @ Chargers

Pappy has really upgraded his whole offense when he acquired Kurt Warner, MJD and Roy Williams; that is an offense to contend with. The defense will hit stick you to death; Scooter Chapman was almost cut right after game when he fumbled three times in one half. He got a big win over the Steelers, so the Bengals shouldn’t have a problem with the Chargers. San Diego is 0-2 and after this game, they’ll be 0-3.

Bengals 38
Chargers 17

Redskins @ 49ers

The Redskins crushed the Giants in week 1 and edged out the Cowboys last week. Their defense is very tough to play against and will play well throughout this season. The 49ers have matched their win total from last year, but it was against the Browns so it shouldn’t really count. Washington’s defense can get pressure, the 49ers defense can’t so the Skins will win easily.

Redskins 34
49ers 20

Rams @ Steelers

So far this season, the Rams passing game has not played at a very high level, the rookie Ace Garrison has yet to throw a touchdown. It’ll be difficult to get one this week cause the Steelers defense is among the best. CK lost to the Bengals last week, but my opinion of them has not changed; they’re still my Super Bowl favorite. The Rams are also my division rival, so the Steelers better win…or else.

Rams 13
Steelers 31

Raiders @ Broncos

This Bronco offense is lightning quick and was able to end the Lion’s 27 game winning streak, so they can definitely contend for a championship. Sadly the only thing the Raiders will be contending for is the 1st pick of the draft, and a loss this week will get them closer to that goal.

Raiders 15
Broncos 45

Panthers @ Lions

This game is my game of the week; the Panthers are looking to make up for that loss in the playoffs to the Lions. Weeman finally lost a game last week to the Broncos, but their losing streak will not reach two and a win will create more tension between these two teams.

Panthers 27
Lions 33

Bills @ Jets

Sb24 joined the league a few days ago and was welcomed by getting his *** kicked by the Ravens and I don’t like their chances this week against Buffalo. The Bills are in contention for the AFC East crown with a simmed win and a one point victory over the Raiders, creating a one game lead over New England and Miami. They’ll get to 3-0 but won’t be able to hang with the Patriots and Dolphins for the AFC East.

Bills 21
Jets 14

Dolphins @ Patriots

This game could have a big impact on who wins the AFC East even though it’s only week 3. The Dolphins scored 35 points against the Chiefs but it was not enough to win. The Patriots was able to leave San Diego with a victory, but it was only by 3 points. This should be a very close game, I see the Dolphins squeaking by the Patriots this week.

Dolphins 35
Patriots 31

Saints @ Vikings

The Saints are playing above many other teams’ expectations and even above my own. Their offense is unstoppable it seems when they dropped 43 on Carolina and 56 on Chicago. Coldwar didn’t play well with an embarrassing 37-7 loss to the Panthers, but they traded for Matt Schaub who should be able to create more of a spark for the offense. If the Vikings defense can keep score down into the 30’s, they’ll have a chance, if not, they’ll have to gameplan for next week.

Saints 51
Vikings 35

Browns @ Titans

I talked a lot of **** about Shiz in my season preview write-up, but he is playing better than I thought he could. The Browns almost got a win against the 49ers and kept the score respectable against the Colts. The Browns are inching closer to victory, but I won’t come this week.

Browns 13
Titans 27

Cardinals @ Seahawks

The Cardinals are undefeated and look to stay on course towards the NFC West division crown, but he’ll have to deal with my Seahawks to get there. I was reluctant to believe that we would beat the 49ers after getting our *** kicked by Pappy, but it still happened so we should have a chance this week. The whole offense played better last week by not having any giveaways in respondance to coughing up the ball eight times against the Bengals. Doc says his team will win the NFC West, but they’ll have to beat the division champs to get there, it won’t happen this week.

Cardinals 31
Seahawks 34

Ravens @ Chiefs

Both teams have aspirations to win the Super Bowl and no matter who wins this game, both teams should be able to make the playoffs. The Chiefs offense is very good with quarterback Jack English and Ronnie Brown leading the way. They’ll have to go up against one of the best defenses in this league, the Baltimore Ravens. Whoever wins this matchup of the Chiefs offense vs. the Ravens defense will win the game and I see the defense coming out on top.

Ravens 24
Chiefs 20

Last edited by SuperSeahawks; 03-13-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Super's Selections: Week 3

Great write-up! I agree with most of your predictions.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

You're not giving the browns with Adrian Peterson enough credit
Old 03-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Basilisk Baby's Arena

OVR: 12

Good write up, But I only give up 10 points a game, I doubt that the 49ers are going for 20. Now they could win, but its going to be with D.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Great writeup, Super. The Chargers haven't looked too good, so hopefully we're able to get a win his week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm going to be doing my best to make sure the AFC East comes down to Week 17.

My Video Game Streams
Old 03-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
I'm going to be doing my best to make sure the AFC East comes down to Week 17.
I am looking forward to that game and our week 5 match up in New England. I hope to continue my 2 game winning streak against the Jets. I just narrowly beat the Dolphins my D came up with a big INT in the final minutes of the fourth quarter deep inside our side of the field. He could have kicked a field goal to tie the game. Thanks to plenty of Remy Martin VSOP to calm my nerves in a very tight game. LOL. I am still hung over at work didn't finish the game until almost 3 am and had to get up a 5 am. Great game Don.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHinFL
I am looking forward to that game and our week 5 match up in New England. I hope to continue my 2 game winning streak against the Jets. I just narrowly beat the Dolphins my D came up with a big INT in the final minutes of the fourth quarter deep inside our side of the field. He could have kicked a field goal to tie the game. Thanks to plenty of Remy Martin VSOP to calm my nerves in a very tight game. LOL. I am still hung over at work didn't finish the game until almost 3 am and had to get up a 5 am. Great game Don.
I've done that a few times. Man is it tough to get out of bed or what?! My old roommate used to do that ALL the time. He'd have to sleep for like 12 hours the next night.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »