Home

The Career of Hunter Pullen (NHL 10 Be a Pro)

This is a discussion on The Career of Hunter Pullen (NHL 10 Be a Pro) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The Career of Hunter Pullen (NHL 10 Be a Pro)

I'm new on here, and I am starting up a story for my new BAP character. I'm going to be an Offensive Defenseman. Vitals to come soon

I've been reading some of the stories on here for a while, stand outs being Scott Quickel (can't find the continuation anywhere...) and the stuff from GoldenJet. Decided to start up my own. I haven't done a BAP to date with a defenseman, so this should be interesting.

Also, opening storyline should be on here quite soon. Wish me luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The Career of Hunter Pullen (NHL 10 Be a Pro)

Cool.I'll follow.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
Rookie

PennStatePeter's Arena

OVR: 10

I will follow this.
NHL- Leafs
NCAA Basketball- Huskies
NCAA Football- Penn State
Old 03-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

Welcome to OS. I will follow.

Steel City Defense - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html
Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Good luck. Will follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Ever since I can remember, hockey has been a dominant part of my life. I was practically raised watching the Leafs play in my hometown of Toronto, Canada. Back when they were actually decent, my friends and I used to go out on the streets in out Sundin jerseys and hold up signs screaming "HONK IF YOU LOVE THE LEAFS"! Almost everyone who drove by would honk their horns in reply. To this day I remember the sheer silence of my neighborhood during the playoffs. Rival games with the Sens prompted late night celebrations on Yonge Street with drunk and belligerent fans chanting "GO LEAFS GO!". I suppose you always grow up idolizing your hometown team.

My dad was also a big hockey fan. Having played as a boy on his school and high school teams he remained a fan of the sport well into his adult years. He was a main reason I decided to take up hockey. I started off like most people do, playing for my pee wee team. The game was kind of joke at that age, with most goals being flukes, and kids stopping to wave at their parents during games. Defense was especially a joke, with no contact allowed. I decided to be a defenseman like my dad when I took up the sport (adopting the, “I want to be just like Daddy” mentality…). Later on in life I would go on to play at a AAA level until I was recruited by a popular boys independent school in Toronto, where I would play until I was scouted by the OHL team, the Peterborough Petes, a team that I had my sites set on for my lead up to the NHL. It was also quite close to some decent schools, so I was able to just barely scrape by in my graduation and my first yea of college while skating with the Petes.
I hadn’t been trying to pad my stats, but I was second in the standings for points as a defenseman. I was in the top five for the Max Kaminsky Trophy for defense and I was in the top fifteen for the Red Tilson Trophy, or the MVP award for the league. After a stellar season in the NCAA circuit, my agent told me that I have definitely been recognized by scouts in the NHL and I am projected to go in the draft somewhere in the 2nd round. I also have a chance to boost my spot in the prospects game that is coming up this week. Life couldn’t be better… So now that you know my back story, how about we move on…
The day had come, and I was at my house in Toronto waiting for the draft to begin. “Nervous?” My mom asked.
“Only a little. I mean, it’s surreal. I’ve been working towards this my whole life.”
“We know honey, and we are just so proud of you for making it this far. It’s the NHL!”
I smiled and turned back to the TV.
“So son, when is she showing up?” my dad asked.
“It’s Parker, dad, not she.” Parker was my girlfriend. We had been together throughout high school and my first year of university. “She should be here soon. She had to drive down from Peterborough this morning, so…”
“Right. Okay so I’m just going to get these burgers going on the barbeque and we should be good to go.” He left out to the porch. I watched the first pick of the draft. John Tavares went to the Islanders. I had met him a couple of times in the OHL. Good guy.
“Who got drafted first?” My mom asked.
“John Tavares. No surprise there. Most of the top ten will be centres.”
“Oh, that’s good for him.” Then there was a knock on the door.
“That should be Parker. I’ll get it.” I jumped up from my chair and went to answer the door. I opened the door and saw Parker there. She wasn’t dressed up or wearing any make up, but she still looked gorgeous.
“Finally, you’re here,” I said, gesturing for a hug.
“Yeah, the traffic was brutal! Now lets go see what team makes the smartest choice they ever will.” I smiled and wrapped my arm around her as we walked back to the living room. This was going to be a good day, no matter what.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Sweet job man, awesome. Welcome to OS!

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks dude. Yeah I finished my first game so far in the AHL. The updates are being moderated... -.- But still, I've written up until the first game, so there will hopefully be some more updates on here ASAP. Glad you enjoyed the first

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »