Home

Base Stealing on Auto Baserunning

This is a discussion on Base Stealing on Auto Baserunning within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31
Base Stealing on Auto Baserunning

Hey guys, as many of u i use Auto baserunning(i think its more realisict to have the players ratings deciding when they should try a steal or not, and we can still call hit and runs by forcing the steal via L2 buttom)

Said that, one thing that is bothering me a lot is that my runners are getting caught too frequently, id say 50-55% of the time, keep in mind i have 2 great base stealers(Coco and Rajai Davis)

Im wondering if theres any thing I can do to help this success rate increase(editing sliders or anything else?)...

Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Base Stealing on Auto Baserunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
Hey guys, as many of u i use Auto baserunning(i think its more realisict to have the players ratings deciding when they should try a steal or not, and we can still call hit and runs by forcing the steal via L2 buttom)

Said that, one thing that is bothering me a lot is that my runners are getting caught too frequently, id say 50-55% of the time, keep in mind i have 2 great base stealers(Coco and Rajai Davis)

Im wondering if theres any thing I can do to help this success rate increase(editing sliders or anything else?)...

Cheers!
Edit baserunning speed higher. But I think that might make the CPU faster too
Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

yeh thats my issue with this...
the AI already steals on me on a pretty realistic %...

also is there a way to avoid the stupid steal of 3rd base when theres also a runner on 1st and he doesnt go to 2nd(double steal)? Its annoying as hell... your runner tries for 3rd but the other one just stays at 1st!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Like you I use auto base running and strictly use the Reds. Stubbs is stealing bases at a pretty good rate I would have to see my percentage overall when I get home. As far as the lack of double steal I have yet to encounter that.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce

Cheers!
Could turn up the baserunner steal ability slider but i guess that will affect cpu as well.

I might give this auto running a try as well, baserunning not my forte,lol. When using auto do your runners take an extra step leadoff, i have never done that myself using assisted baserunning, just que my runner to steal and seem to have had decent success so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
Could turn up the baserunner steal ability slider but i guess that will affect cpu as well.

I might give this auto running a try as well, baserunning not my forte,lol. When using auto do your runners take an extra step leadoff, i have never done that myself using assisted baserunning, just que my runner to steal and seem to have had decent success so far.
yes they will take an extra step
Old 03-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Gee if they take an extra step i can't see how they wouldn't have decent success, unless somehow they don't get as good a jump as when on assisted and queing the runner.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

Yeh they take good steps and jumps.. but coco is getting caught most of the time.. maybe its just a bad streak...

Now it would be nice to find this double steal thing..it just looks really stupid to have the guy on second stealing(or getting caught at 3rd) and the man on 1st not adavancing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »