Home

MLB 2K10 PC review at IGN

This is a discussion on MLB 2K10 PC review at IGN within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
MLB 2K10 PC review at IGN

Not sure anyone posted this:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1074600p1.html

Quote:
Let it be known that the PC I played MLB 2K10 on is likely faster than yours. I used an Alienware laptop with an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU running at 2 GHz with six gigs of RAM, a GeForce GTX 260M, and it was running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium. Yes, the system whizzes along at a good clip and MLB 2K10 certainly benefited from the increase in horsepower when compared to the PS3 or Xbox 360. I'm glad to know that it isn't 2K Sports' engine that keeps MLB 2K10 on consoles from looking its best, instead it's a lack of technical optimization to make good use of the relatively limited hardware. How do I know that? Because MLB 2K10 on PC runs like a dream. The framerate is locked at a constant 60 frames per second (something that's very important for me when it comes to sports games) and everything from the player models to the crowd to the shadows cast on the field look better than on any other system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 2K10 PC review at IGN

LOL...He seems fairly proud of his laptop.

Someone should tell him that his overpriced Alienware/Dell laptop is middle of the road at best.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30

i run everything at the top setting with the monitor set up on 1920 x 1200 and it does look great..
Old 03-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warped88

Someone should tell him that his overpriced Alienware/Dell laptop is middle of the road at best.
No kidding. A current desktop would blow his laptop out of the water.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warped88

Sure but i bet you 100 bucks he got that alienware laptop donated, so he didnt overpay for anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #6
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

lol...i think the laptop thing was just in the interest of full disclosure. Look at some of the overreaction to things around here. If he says it looks great and Joe Gamer with computer that just handles the bare minimum buys it because of that, there'd be nothing but crying about how IGN lied about the PC version.

Good to see that framerate apparently holds up well with the better visuals. As the reviewer said, if you have a PC that can run it, it should really be a no-brainer to go with that version given the fact that it is fully featured this year..
Old 03-10-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Game reviewers tend to prefer laptops because it allows flexibility. ie. in a hotel room, at a restaurant, etc.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...i think the laptop thing was just in the interest of full disclosure. Look at some of the overreaction to things around here. If he says it looks great and Joe Gamer with computer that just handles the bare minimum buys it because of that, there'd be nothing but crying about how IGN lied about the PC version.

Good to see that framerate apparently holds up well with the better visuals. As the reviewer said, if you have a PC that can run it, it should really be a no-brainer to go with that version given the fact that it is fully featured this year..
LOL. I wasn't overreacting. I simply thought it funny.

Anyway, I'm not having any (bad) problems on my system. Runs right around 60fps, with maxed settings, on a Q6600 and 8800GT. Some graphical glitches that bother me, but I'm getting to the point where I don't notice them now and just enjoy the game.

I haven't played a PC baseball game since High Heat 2002, so it's been a treat for me so far

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »