Home

Old 03-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
PSP

What does Sony intend to do about The Show 10 on PSP?
They ruined the game! Terrible graphics, missing features, no online!
Can patch do anything to correct game? I returned my copy and went back to 09'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 06:15 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoStros
What does Sony intend to do about The Show 10 on PSP?
They ruined the game! Terrible graphics, missing features, no online!
Can patch do anything to correct game? I returned my copy and went back to 09'
It appears that they intend to do nothing about this game. As I said before, I rather they just drop it than release a subpar version of '09. How many others are there like you who bought the game thinking that it would be an improvement and then find out it is a step backwards. And what do you get for your hard earned $40?

We still have heard nothing from the developers about this game on the PSP. Will there be roster updates somehow? Why was this game ignored? What if any improvements or work was even put into this game. I think we are entitled to answers.

If they are only going to develop and work on the PS3 version, than drop the platforms that you are ignoring so hard working people don't get ripped off.

tfigs
Old 03-09-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

tfigs, you just dont give up, do you?

lol
Old 03-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Stumpy Santo's Arena

OVR: 4

I bought '10 even after reading bcruise's "disclaimer" regarding lack of online capability, which he posted before release date of the game, if I remember correctly.
Personally, I've never played against anyone online, so losing that feature didn't bother me. Because of lack of roster updates, or ANY information reagrding alternatives, I decided to just start my franchise and just enjoy playing what is still the best baseball experience on a portable system. Surprisingly, I find I'm having alot more fun than in years past, when I was spending a month obsessing over roster updates and correct lineups. Finally, I believe there has been an improvement graphically over '09.
I certainly understand people's disappointment this year. I'm sure many people bought the game without realizng it was only ad-hoc mode, and the lack of other features (i.e. custom music, roster updates, etc.) certainly makes the argument that this year's version is a step back from '09.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmycon
tfigs, you just dont give up, do you?

lol
Thanks for noticing. I have made this my personal crusade. Actually, all I want is a straight answer from the developers as to what will happen with this game. Will there be some kind up roster updates available? I am not the only one disappointed with the PSP version this year.

tfigs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

lol wasnt trying to offend

i mean you are rightly upset about a missing feature that a lot of people have come to expect

i just couldn't help but notice you reply to every thread about the PSP roster update/online

i guess it's a good way to get noticed :P good luck and i hope you get an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfigs121
Thanks for noticing. I have made this my personal crusade. Actually, all I want is a straight answer from the developers as to what will happen with this game. Will there be some kind up roster updates available? I am not the only one disappointed with the PSP version this year.

tfigs
Old 03-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

Not to jump on the wah wagon, but I sort of have to agree with everything said here.

One question I have is, outside of rosters and various new fonts, does anyone notice ANY difference with this year's version? I have played quite a few games so far (it is after all still a great game) and have not seen one new animation, heard one new commentary or seen any new stances or motions. Can someone just list some of the changes for this year's version so I don't feel like I wasted 40 dollars (I also traded in 09 even after playing a number of seasons and getting my rosters just right).
Old 03-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy Santo
I bought '10 even after reading bcruise's "disclaimer" regarding lack of online capability, which he posted before release date of the game, if I remember correctly.
Personally, I've never played against anyone online, so losing that feature didn't bother me. Because of lack of roster updates, or ANY information reagrding alternatives, I decided to just start my franchise and just enjoy playing what is still the best baseball experience on a portable system. Surprisingly, I find I'm having alot more fun than in years past, when I was spending a month obsessing over roster updates and correct lineups. Finally, I believe there has been an improvement graphically over '09.
I certainly understand people's disappointment this year. I'm sure many people bought the game without realizng it was only ad-hoc mode, and the lack of other features (i.e. custom music, roster updates, etc.) certainly makes the argument that this year's version is a step back from '09.

I, too, am having great fun with the PSP version this year. I never played online but will miss the updated roster feature...assuming that doesn't become available via another means.

I'm not sure if it is the 2010 version, or a couple of slider adjustments (all adjustments were made equal for both me AND the CPU) I made (can explain further if you are interested), but I finally have a game that feels "fair." I'm 8 games into my season (All-Star difficulty) with the Giants and am 6-2 so far. Scores are as follows:

Giants 4 Astros 1--Lincecum pitches 8 1/3 innings of shutout ball.

Astros 3 Giants 0--Barely put up a fight. 5 hits and 10 strikeouts

Giants 3 Astros 2--Tight game the entire way. Held my breath on every pitch.

Giants 6 Braves 5--Tied it in the 9th, won it in the bottom of the 10on a walkoff job by DeRosa

Giants 7 Braves 4--Down 3-0 early. Battled back to make it 4-3. In the bottom of the 8th Sanchez hit a 3 run homer. Added an insurance run and Wilsom came in and slammed the door.

Giants 4 Pirates 3--Again, down 3-0 early. But I held tough and Lincecum went on to pitch the complete game win.

Giants 4 Pirates 3--Down 3-1 in the 9th. Scored 3 runs in the bottom of the ninth without the Pirates recording an out.

Pirates 6 Giants 1--Moholm pitched a complete game . It took 149 pitches but he got it done.

Rubber game in the Pirates series tonight and then it is off to LA for my first series against the dreaded Dodgers. They lead the division with a 7-1 record.

Needless to say, I'm having a BLAST!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »