Home

What Would You Do To Own This Game If You Had A 360 Only?

This is a discussion on What Would You Do To Own This Game If You Had A 360 Only? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
What Would You Do To Own This Game If You Had A 360 Only?

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm a sports gamer with financial restrictions but if I had a PS3 instead of a 360, you can bet that I would have played The Show already. My simple question is this: Is this game worth selling your 360 and 360 merchandise to get a PS3 and this game?
My favorite baseball game of all time is MVP 2005 and I've never liked the 2k representation even when it was a solid franchise. I've been tempted to do this the last couple years but decided I didn't want to start over and my wife would kill me if I used some of our tax money to just buy a PS3 (honestly, I can't afford it so I wouldn't blame her).
Please be respectful and realize that I would have already made the decision if I had a PS3, so if you have to put it up against other sports games to make a point, so be it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: What Would You Do To Own This Game If You Had A 360 Only?

its worth it dude...simple
Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

LOL I hear ya man, I ended up buying PS3 just for the game last year, definitely worth it. Now I only buy games for PS3 and my xbox 360 is growing dust. Mind you, I bought it when I didn't really have money either, so don't feel bad if u end up doing the same lol.

I would have to say it's worth it, I'm addicted to the PS3, actually wished I got that in the first place instead of 360. But yeah it would suck having to start over and getting games for it and losing what you already have for 360 (well I didn't have to worry about that as I still have the console)
Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

There are more important things than a videogame, i bought my ps3 for the show and it was absolutely worth it, but i really don't have much responsibilities so i can use my money for w.e i want, if u are cash strapped and don't have the money, i suggest you wait until you can afford it without risking too much.

PD: Sorry for my english, not my first language.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm a sports gamer with financial restrictions but if I had a PS3 instead of a 360, you can bet that I would have played The Show already. My simple question is this: Is this game worth selling your 360 and 360 merchandise to get a PS3 and this game?
My favorite baseball game of all time is MVP 2005 and I've never liked the 2k representation even when it was a solid franchise. I've been tempted to do this the last couple years but decided I didn't want to start over and my wife would kill me if I used some of our tax money to just buy a PS3 (honestly, I can't afford it so I wouldn't blame her).
Please be respectful and realize that I would have already made the decision if I had a PS3, so if you have to put it up against other sports games to make a point, so be it.
If you can I would play the Show10, if you like it then there is your answer. In my opinion if I could have any game out there it would be the Show, so for me it is a no brainier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5

been there, done that. The Show 08 made me purchase a PS3. glad I did.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

It is definitely worth it, IF you can afford it. I'm not trying to be a financial advisor, but I don't think any hobby (be it video games or other man toys) are worth risking a financial bind. I am partial, but I would go as far as to say it may be worth it to trade your existing system and games in, and start fresh on the PS3.

Edit: upon further review, I think The Show may be worth a financial bind LOL

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 03-08-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

If I never had a PS3 I'd die if I had to play something other the show. Anyways I would say its worth it because a PS3 can do a hell of a lot.
Frontier League baseball: London Rippers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »