Home

Custom Music Problem

This is a discussion on Custom Music Problem within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Custom Music Problem

I have saved a playlist on my PS3 HDD from MP3's I have on there. I have also gone into the ballpark music manager and made custom music for my players. When I play home games though, I don't hear anything. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have even tried changing music for the stadiums and it will not work either. In my presentation settings, I have also raised the custom music level to 85 and 90 with no luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Custom Music Problem

I am having the same problem, I even put it up to 100 on the volume for custom music just to troubleshoot the problem, I have a feeling I am picking this problem apart too much and missing something obvious....any ideas?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I have the same problem in my franchise, but if I'm doing play now, the custom music works
Old 03-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Same problem here.... It worked one time, so I thought I solved it...but I changed music and it all went away. The playlists are saved and are indeed on the HD...the menus in 2k10 show all as it should be but still NOTHING will play as it's supposed to. Ugh...

Frustrating....

Thanks to anyone who can offer up some help...
Old 03-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Just an fyi... Today I deleted all and started over with custom music. For some reason it will now play at the end of each 1/2 inning. Many other events were checked but nothing but end of 1/2 inning or inning over will start the music.

I have tried various combos of settings but nothing seems to make a difference. I guess it must be some sort of bug with others experiencing the same thing. Hoping it will either be fixed or someone will explain what we may be doing wrong.... It's always something...

Best,
Bobby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I think I figured it out. You need to select all the music before you begin a franchise. I didn't set any of the music until after I started mine, and I don't hear anything. I just started a new one as an experiment, and all the music that I selected plays
Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I think I figured it out. You need to select all the music before you begin a franchise. I didn't set any of the music until after I started mine, and I don't hear anything. I just started a new one as an experiment, and all the music that I selected plays
Thanks for the help! I saw this on another thread as well and I intend to start a new Franchise. Oddly, I can get it to play now in a Quick game but ONLY at the 1/2 or end of an inning even though it's selected to play after base hits. Thanks again!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
Rookie

Here's one for you.... I was playing a quick game with a friend on XBOX LIVE...we kept getting kicked out at exactly or close to the exact same time in the game...somewhere in the bottom of the first inning. This started happening right after I added custom music. I took the custom music out (it wasn't playing anyway) and the problem ceased to be an issue...

Next day I put it back in and bam...started happening AGAIN. I took the music off and everything worked just fine, once more I tried and got the same result.... I don't know if the problem is having music on the HD at all or only when I try to use it as custom music in the 2k10 game. The latter is what I suspect.

I know this doesn't make sense but it has happened 3 times now... I am going to just put music on the drive w/o adding it to the game and see what happens. If that's ok, then I will try adding custom music again to the game and see what happens. 3x"s times already though tells me something is either amiss with the console or with the game...at least that would be my thought so far. I know it's weird...but that's what's happening. Has anyone else had this issue? If no one else can duplicate it then I'm guessing I have a bad game. If someone else would be willing to give it a go I would be grateful to learn your results.

many thanks,
Bobby

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »