Home

CPU Pitch suggestion

This is a discussion on CPU Pitch suggestion within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CPU Pitch suggestion

So I turned off the catcher suggestion, but cpu still is highlighting which pitch I should throw. how do you turn this off? I searched the forums but couldn't find anything. thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: CPU Pitch suggestion

You can't, and it frustrates me the level of things that don't have an option or aren't featured in this game. No option to hide the pitch cursor, turn off vibration, post-pitch graphics (where the ball came across the plate), enabling check swings, throw a pitch-out, cancel throwing assignments, leaping button, breakpoint pitching on fastballs with movement (cutter, two-seamer), full real-time presentation, and the list just goes on...

It's amazing the things that they removed from these games.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
You can't, and it frustrates me the level of things that don't have an option or aren't featured in this game. No option to hide the pitch cursor, turn off vibration, post-pitch graphics (where the ball came across the plate), enabling check swings, throw a pitch-out, cancel throwing assignments, leaping button, breakpoint pitching on fastballs with movement (cutter, two-seamer), full real-time presentation, and the list just goes on...

? WHAT? you can't turn this off? At first I thought It was just because I was playing the quick play ball option and that has some inside edge info available. So i assumed that the CPU was telling what pitch to throw based on the scouting reports.

Honestly, Not sure which is worse...not being able to turn it off or how terribly wrong it is in suggesting pitches. All it wanted me to throw was change ups.....no matter what the situation was, 9 of 10 pitches were calling for change-ups.

Any problem with not following it? like with the catcher drop pitches more because he's expecting a different pitch?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

You can turn off the catcher framing where to pitch it, but not having it highlight which pitch you should throw.

It doesn't matter, you can throw whatever you want and pick the location, and he'll move there pre-pitch. I just don't like that it suggests something for me by default. I'd rather work with nothing in mind from the game suggesting something for me.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

I can't speak to all of these issues, but you can throw a pitch out. That part has not been removed. Just pick the pitch and instead of going to the pitch gesture, press X for a pitch out.

I also thought I canceled a throw with one of the triggers, but I am not certain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:

i agree
i got to sliders and options and was like...thats it? lol

yea, sucks u cant turn it off
Old 03-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyb2332
I can't speak to all of these issues, but you can throw a pitch out. That part has not been removed. Just pick the pitch and instead of going to the pitch gesture, press X for a pitch out.
I've tried pressing X before, it does nothing.

Quote:
I also thought I canceled a throw with one of the triggers, but I am not certain.
I guess I should've said "reassign", since all of this is on the fly. I would prefer not having to press a button then go back to the right stick again to reassign my throw.

EDIT: I realize you might be on 360, so I guess my pitch-out is square. I'll try that next time. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

I don't understand. Why is this an issue when you can simply pick a different pitch to throw?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »