Home

Why is this back??

This is a discussion on Why is this back?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Angry Why is this back??

The problems with fielding in 08 are apparently back in 10! If a player gets in a animation they wont break out of it. Also it takes them way to long to throw (which has been an issue in evrey MLB the show to date) Seems like fielding is horrible this year! Anyone else agree?

Mini Blog #1 up
"What up with Hamels?" MW2 commercial
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Why is this back??

Nope, the fielding is leaps ahead of last year (09 is just like 08 but added ball paths by the fielders). I don't know about the "gets in the animation and cant break out of it" ... it is the lightest restriction it has been ever in this series. And doesn't feel like it locks you in till the very last second.

And throwing is responsive when you figure out the system, pre-loads, and break point animations.

Keep practicing, it is very rewarding this year.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Agreed with the first part. I had Pedroia hit one in the gap on me and he wound up with a triple because my CF had to run to get it, run into the wall, do a 360 spin and brace himself before I was able to throw it.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

yes . not sure about your particular instance but the fielding is its weakest point, figured it would have been focused on for 10.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Nope, the fielding is leaps ahead of last year (09 is just like 08 but added ball paths by the fielders). I don't know about the "gets in the animation and cant break out of it" ... it is the lightest restriction it has been ever in this series. And doesn't feel like it locks you in till the very last second.

And throwing is responsive when you figure out the system, pre-loads, and break point animations.

Keep practicing, it is very rewarding this year.
Is the throwing responsive? With my RTTS guy I will sometimes need a bang bang play to turn two or something. So I preload the throw before the ball gets to me, so he picks it up and stand there for a second before throwing the ball. That is unresponsive to me unless something is going wrong that I don't understand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

I like the fielding more this year. It was way too easy to field last year. Now fielding ratings actually matter.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

I don't know man, the pre-load works pretty good for me and i can make bang bang double plays and everything. I see what you are seeing occasionally, but I feel it's greatly improved over last year.

It's probably not perfect, but it certainly doesn't feel like it holds the game back.

I think we tend to forget sometimes that we're just playing video games. Nobody will ever be completely happy. We have far too unrealistic expectations these days.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I don't know man, the pre-load works pretty good for me and i can make bang bang double plays and everything. I see what you are seeing occasionally, but I feel it's greatly improved over last year.

It's probably not perfect, but it certainly doesn't feel like it holds the game back.

I think we tend to forget sometimes that we're just playing video games. Nobody will ever be completely happy. We have far too unrealistic expectations these days.
I dunno man, the color of that throw looks a little off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »