Home

Generated Draft Classes #@$%^&@ suck.

This is a discussion on Generated Draft Classes #@$%^&@ suck. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs down Generated Draft Classes #@$%^&@ suck.

because...

Its impossible to turn a DE into a 3-4 OLB because the coverage ratings are always at 12, and its almost impossible to find an OLB bigger than 6'3" 240 let alone someone thats actually good at that size.

I just drafted a MONSTER pass rushing DE, but hes a bit too light to play 3-4 DE so I tried converting him. even though hes rated at 96 as a DE, his rating drops drastically as an OLB to an abysmal 76.

Thats horrible, especially since you can take any OLB, convert him to DE and his rating instantly jumps 20 points. That makes drafting as a 4-3 team WAAAY easier.

To add to that, good 5-technique ends are very hard to find. most DTs in the draft are under 6'3" and ive never encountered a DE over 290. and finding a good DE that weighs over 280 is impossible. ive drafted 6 DEs in my last few drafts. 2 of them were monsters, but only weighed 270. the others weighed 280 or above, but they all sucked.

And its not like EA needs a complete overhaul of their system to fix this. all they need to do is change a few stats in the generated draft classes.

And even though theyve improved the AIs drafting logic, its still very flawed. especially for 3-4 teams. all the other 3-4 teams in my franchise are running 250 pound DEs. And ive witnessed alot of instances were teams draft QBs in the first even though they have young franchise QBs on their roster. some teams even trade up in order to draft their second franchise QB.

The situation is better than last year though, when at least 20 QBs were gauranteed to be drafted in the 1st. ive even been impressed by some of the AIs draft moves this year. the colts for example, traded up in order to draft a QB right after they let manning hit the FA market.

hopefully the madden team watched the combine this year, so they can learn a little something about draft classes.

/rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Generated Draft Classes #@$%^&@ suck.

To say they suck is a little harsh. Are they flawed? Yes. But they are still fun.

You could say the imported drafts suck though because there is not one good thing about them.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenkinator
To say they suck is a little harsh. Are they flawed? Yes. But they are still fun.

You could say the imported drafts suck though because there is not one good thing about them.
i just cant take it seriously when i cant draft an accurate 3-4 defense.

but what pisses me off the most is that it seems so fixable. and avoidable.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

While there aren't DEs that directly convert to OLBs instantly they can fill in for pass rushers for a year and can quickly improve in coverage areas to be decent LBs within a couple years. Their overall may drop quite a bit at first but really if they have potential then with the current system it is way to easy to convert player in my opinion even though the conversions aren't as instant as they should be in some situations. The game really needs to move towards the potential for every individual rating like it had in HC09 so we can really see more variety in player types.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

No. Imported Drafts suck. I just used my 1st Generated draft a few minutes ago, and for the 1st time ever I've had well more than 2 QBs listed as the Top 5 thru 2nd rd as prospects. There are no quality QBs that get Imported after the 2nd or 3rd year of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
Rookie

ive never imported, but if its that much worse than the generated...
then damn...
that sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
While there aren't DEs that directly convert to OLBs instantly they can fill in for pass rushers for a year and can quickly improve in coverage areas to be decent LBs within a couple years. Their overall may drop quite a bit at first but really if they have potential then with the current system it is way to easy to convert player in my opinion even though the conversions aren't as instant as they should be in some situations. The game really needs to move towards the potential for every individual rating like it had in HC09 so we can really see more variety in player types.
i tried converting my DE to OLB and simmed a few years, but he still only progressed 2 points every year in coverage.

but he did get 20 sacks in his 2nd year, which is way better than the embarrassing 2 sacks his rookie year at DE.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I am sure if this is a big problem and all. Then sooner are later Donny Moore will address this problem while making the draft classes for madden 11. But no game is perfect.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

Change them to CB's after the super bowl and before advancing to the off season. That will help them develop coverage skills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »