Home

I'm going to try to change the camera view... again...

This is a discussion on I'm going to try to change the camera view... again... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
I'm going to try to change the camera view... again...

I'm a big presentation guy, and I want games to look as realistic as possible, therefore I want to use realistic views. I always use broadcast view in NBA 2K10, and I'm mad that Madden doesn't have a true broadcast camera view. I'm am going to attempt to change the camera view (batting and pitching) to behind the pitcher. I remember trying to do this in previous years, and my play took a hit. I had less accuracy while pitching because it was so small, and I couldn't get used to hitting. The size was definitely an impact. Can I get any tips/suggestions before I get the game this weekend to do so? I really want to do this without it affecting my performance. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Rookie

BlueSkies7776's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I'm going to try to change the camera view... again...

I feel you, I too would love to use the "pitcher" pitching view but it just feels too weird. I don't like the broadcast fielding view because it makes the field look small. It was a good effort by SDS but I don't think it accurately looks like it does on TV, the camera is too low in the game. On TV it is a bit higher and gives you better view of the field than the game does.

So I still use medium fielding view. I get a good sense of scale for how big the field is and its easier to run down line drives and balls hit in the outfield.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Thanks.
any more comments?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

you will get used to the pitching view

outfield is more like the TV view, pitcher is closer, but makes the meter and strike zone larger

i have been using this view since i discovered it was available in MVP 2005
Old 03-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

Yeah, broadcast and RTP were nice steps in the right direction. But I think there is room to improve. How about a 3/4 view of the entire (or most of the field as play dictates) field where I get to watch almost everything on the field. This way I see ball flight (some zoom as necessary), I get to look anywhere on the field I want, and I get that sitting in the 2nd deck, just watching a game feel. The other game does a little bit better job with cameras I think, but MLB could easily match or better in 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11

I have been pitching using the Pitcher camera since I first saw it in All Star Baseball. I think it is perfectly fine, plus you can see the catcher going through all his signs, which is nice.

As far trying to hit, I am only able to hit from the catcher cam. I tried years ago to hit from the pitcher cam, and I just could not do it. And i tried this year to hit from the offset camera, because I felt it would better show off the movement of the pitches and give me more of a real life advantage when hitting against a pitcher of the opposite arm, but I could not get the timing down to save my soul. Maybe I will give it more of a try while I am waiting for the roster update on Monday to start my franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »