Home

Generated RB question - possible spoilers

This is a discussion on Generated RB question - possible spoilers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Generated RB question - possible spoilers

I'm running a Broncos franchise & I have Knowshon as my #1 RB...He turns into an absolute monster in his 2nd or 3rd year, by the way.

Anyways, I've got LeMarcus Taylor as his backup currently, and he's the perfect change of pace. Great speed, hands, elusiveness, etc. - In fact, if I didn't like Knowshon as much as I do, I'd roll with LeMarcus as my top RB.

But - he's coming up on a contract year (I only sign my late round picks to 3 or 4 year deals to help keep things somewhat realistic) and he's a 92 ovr, so I know he's going to want a ton of cash. I've noticed that LeRon James is in my current draft class (The Jack English class, 1st time I've had it..I'm pumped).

So.....here's the question.....Are they pretty similar (Taylor & James)? They have pretty similar scouting numbers..and I really don't want to pay my backup RB top dollar if I'm not going to be running him 250 times/year. Has anyone run with LeRon? Is he dominant? Good receiver, etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Generated RB question - possible spoilers

Pretty much the same guy. Taylor has a slight edge in TRK over time I believe, but minimal. James in CTH.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

leron is a tremendous speed back, good receiver, great open field player, and decent between the tackles runner although no real power to run people over there. He is a great feature back and would be a damn good 3rd down/change of pace back for as long as you can afford. Eventually he will become to expensive to use like that and you will either have to ship him off like you are doing with taylor now or due to knowshon's age by that point you may want to keep james as the feature guy at that point
Old 03-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I use the Broncos and during the draft before year three I traded Moreno and my first round pick (32) for the first overall pick. I took Boar Jackson and hired staff to help with the eventual injury he will get. So far he is awesome, averaging 112 yards a game. Moreno's numbers were 1123 in the first season and 1329 in the second.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddstyle
I use the Broncos and during the draft before year three I traded Moreno and my first round pick (32) for the first overall pick. I took Boar Jackson and hired staff to help with the eventual injury he will get. So far he is awesome, averaging 112 yards a game. Moreno's numbers were 1123 in the first season and 1329 in the second.
I won't give up on Knowshon...he's absolutely dominating for me. He's a 1500 yard back wit 12-18 TDs every year. LeMarcus is a 600 rush/500 recv yard guy....perfect complimentary back. James looks the part of that change of pace guy. He definitely softens the blow of losing LeMarcus.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »