Home

Anyone know how to get DTS sound from The Show?

This is a discussion on Anyone know how to get DTS sound from The Show? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Anyone know how to get DTS sound from The Show?

The back of the box says it features both Dolby Digital and DTS sound, but there doesn't seem to be any option in the game to select one or the other. I always end up with Dolby Digital, but I'd prefer DTS. Do I have to go back to the XMB and uncheck Dolby Digital in order to force the game to use DTS? That would kind of suck because then I'd have to constantly turn it on and off depending on the game I'm playing. On a related note, I get DTS sound from Uncharted 2 just fine, so there's nothing wrong with my setup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Anyone know how to get DTS sound from The Show?

You may need to switch to DTS on your stereo system - if it has that mode available.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
You may need to switch to DTS on your stereo system - if it has that mode available.
I guess I may have to try that. Funny thing is, I don't have to do that with any other games or movies that support DTS. There's usually some option in the game or the movie where you can select which sound option you want and then my receiver automatically detects it. Oh well...
Old 03-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

RNunez187's Arena

OVR: 4

Just turned off Dolby Digital and left DTS selected and fired up the game and I'm now getting DTS sound. Seems odd that you can't select it in game.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think it's an error on the game's end to give you the best possible sound. For Example, Heavy Rain supports both DTS and Dolby Surround. When you fire up the game it goes directly to DTS which is the best! However for '09 the show and this year, you have to manually go to the PS3 menu, turn off Dolby so the game will go to DTS. Hopefully for the next round of sports games there's a fix because it also happens for NHL '10 (EA)

Last edited by warriorwm6; 03-03-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: spelling error.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNunez187
Just turned off Dolby Digital and left DTS selected and fired up the game and I'm now getting DTS sound. Seems odd that you can't select it in game.
Thankyou Jimmy_Fairplay:
Your thread shared my exact thoughts. As I was just gonna create the topic insearch of knowledge. Oh man just like many other audiophile enthusiasts I too was very suprised that MLB10 said it supported Digital Theater Sound.

So having said that my PS3 is set up for Dolby Digital 5.1 & DTS but I was unable to find an option within MLB10 menu system and the sound comes out as Dolby DIgital 5.1. Now being an audio geek,, DTS totally obliterates DD5.1 in movie audio and reading RNunez above quote I wll certainly see if this holds true on the audio side of gaming..

(Will post my DTS MLB10 Results in a couple of minutes)
Old 03-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #7
Just started!

Hope this was quick enough..

Yes just as RNunez said it works.. DTS is now activated.. Would be nice to see it as an option but hey man, I not gonna complain the whole process took 30secs.. This post took a whole lot longer than enabling or disabling the DD5.1 feature from my PS3 audio menu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »