Home

Future of WWE Games....

This is a discussion on Future of WWE Games.... within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
Rookie

GMG24's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon14 Future of WWE Games....

man....rite now...im not feeling THQ's creations of WWE programing in games. I feel that THQ isnt getting in depth and details with the game as it is in WWE programing. I will say this year's SVR 2010 was a huge gain and progress from 09 but still lack the experience of a real WWE programing or a live event. I also feel that EA should've tried harder and pushed for the WWE license and created a new experience of WWE gaming. The things THQ lacks in the games are signature entrances themes, attires, legends, more arenas, and matches. THQ should just throw away the create your own storyline crap, that is a waste of time and a mojor waste of memory. They should develop a season mode that similar to past wrestling games ala No Mercy....Here Comes The Pain and Shut Your Mouth...just to name a few...That's My Opinion...Lets here from the Operation Sports World on this subject.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #2
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Future of WWE Games....

Couple of things:
  1. Create a storyline is NOT crap; if anything it should be expanded to allow for multiple players, online play, and branching points.
  2. What entrance themes does the game lack? Pretty sure they have all the right ones.
  3. Legends are gone thanks to the Legends of Wrestlemania series.
  4. The current SvR game lets the user edit on-game-disc wrestlers' attires to an extent (color palette); you can update the attire yourself to a point.
  5. What current WWE match type (i.e. something that has been featured on any WWE TV programming within the last three years) does the game not allow?

That said, I do think you have some points with regard to the match experience...
  1. The commentary in SvR does and has always sucked. This needs to change.
  2. The computer AI in SvR does and has always sucked. This needs to change, and I'm not convinced that it's ever been touched with the exception of adding logic to accommodate for new match types (climbing a ladder, climbing the cell, etc.). This game has always been MUCH better as a multiplayer game than a single-player game.
  3. The pacing of an SvR match in general is too fast compared to a normal match, and the idea of momentum still isn't portrayed very well. It's much better than it used to be, but there's no reason that (A) I should be getting access to finishers but three minutes into a match (if I do they should be easy to reverse), and (B) that finishers don't keep people down.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
Rookie

GMG24's Arena

OVR: 1

i understand what your coming from chris..but what i mean by entrance themes is the background every superstars have on the titantron because im tired or seeing raw in background for every wrestler. Also create a storyline is the worst concept created in the series to me. it lacks alot...a whole lot, seems to me they just rushed that mode. Now your right about the pacing of the game it is wayy too quik. They need to concepts from the Legends game they had which yuh had to work your opponent down to do your finisher on them.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

I pretty much agree with Kri, the gameplay is not like the real WWE and it lacks that quiete a bit.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

SVR 2010 and the series in general is like the "Raw" version of WWE games. Lots of flash, lots "stuff" of to do and see but when it gets down to it, the in-ring action is really subpar.

We need a "Smackdown" style of game, one that focuses on the actual wrestling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

The other thing that THQ fails to do IMO is make it feel like wrestling. Wrestling is about drama. But it is also a spectacle. You do not get any sense of that while you are playing these games. They feel FLAT!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I think the main issue with the series is that the development team is out of touch with the WWE. They may have watched some episodes and studied entrances and moves but in general they dont know what to deliver what the fans want.

An example would be things like the DX intro and attire. These things should have been in the game from the gate, and DX should have been a tag team,etc. Instead they made dx and afterthought and pretty much anything DX has to be unlocked.

Same goes for most of their unlockable content. Extra attires and things like that might have been cool in the 90's as unlcokable content, but in todays videogame world, authenticity rules the roost and wrestlers all have various combinations,etc. Adding in Edges' "Street clothes" attire as a reward for pinning kane in 3 minutes in week 11 of road to wrestlemania is ridiculous when you think about it.

The unlockable things that should be in this game are older arenas, like the wrestlemania 25 arena Or secondary finishing moves. Like you can unlock the rock and he has the peoples elbow, but win 25 matches with the rock and the rock bottom is unlocked. Things like that is how it should be.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

these are some sick ideas!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »