Home

MLB 2K10 Franchise Progress

This is a discussion on MLB 2K10 Franchise Progress within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Icon4 MLB 2K10 Franchise Progress

Discuss the progress, or lack thereof, of your off-line 2K10 franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 2K10 Franchise Progress

This year I don't think I will be starting my actual franchise until opening day rosters are out. However, that may change if Strasburg is already in the game; although I don't think 2K can add them until they've played in a major league game.

Hopefully Strasburg makes the major league team, along w/ Heyward. Or maybe I start immediately and just edit the name of whom ever 2K rated highly to duplicate those two prospects.

At any rate I'll be controlling all MLB teams. I'll be playing mostly as the Phillies, and one or two other small market teams. After having played the demo I'm thoroughly excited about the game, and about pitching lights out w/ Halladay. I think I'll pitch all of his starts, and on his off days play as the Pirates or Orioles or Royals as I see fit.

I actually want to really try working a small-market team since we now have 40-man rosters, arbitration, and comp picks. Plus trying to finish w/ a winning season for Pittsburgh and doing as best I can with them would be a fun experience. I'm liking the idea of using McCutcheon too.

What are your plans as we grow closer and closer to 2K10's release and the baseball season starting?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Kansas City Royals, but probably waiting for the Opening Day roster - if the PS3 online community is looking good.

Playing every game with Zack Greinke, signing Carl Pavano and try to resurrect his career. Zack Greinke, Carl Pavano, Gil Meche, Brian Bannister, Luke Hochevar will be the biggest threat the diamond ever saw. They will be known as "The Majestys".

Alex Gordon, Billy Butler, David DeJesus are going to be deadly. A-Who? Barry Who? Babe Who?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

JBH, hows it going dude?

I'm excited for this game as well.. played the crap out of the demo and will definitely be picking it up on Tuesday.

I dont know when Ill start my franchise, maybe wait for opening day rosters, maybe not. I plan on controlling the Rangers primarily (want to get them a WS), the Marlins, and either the Royals or the D-Backs, cant decide. Most likely the Royals because I like playing with a DH.

Ill probably play My Player for the first couple of weeks while waiting to see what needs to be worked out for a good franchise etc. Should be fun.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

OVR: 7

Well I'll be starting up a franchise with the defending world champs. I don't really like their corner outfielders in gardner and swisher (mainly because he went to ohio state). So I'm thinking I'll go out and get Ryan Braun for left. I'm also going to get Pujols and make him my DH...unfair I know but we all know he would look good in a Yanks uni. I'm also going to add a starting pitcher because I think Joba sucks. Not really sure who I want to add, but whoever it will be I can guarantee you he will be dirty. I will also create myself as the starting catcher (sorry Jorge, your on the pine). So basically I'm going to build a juggernaut team and win number 28. Should be fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickzeus
Well I'll be starting up a franchise with the defending world champs. I don't really like their corner outfielders in gardner and swisher (mainly because he went to ohio state). So I'm thinking I'll go out and get Ryan Braun for left. I'm also going to get Pujols and make him my DH...unfair I know but we all know he would look good in a Yanks uni. I'm also going to add a starting pitcher because I think Joba sucks. Not really sure who I want to add, but whoever it will be I can guarantee you he will be dirty. I will also create myself as the starting catcher (sorry Jorge, your on the pine). So basically I'm going to build a juggernaut team and win number 28. Should be fun!
As much as the idea of Pujols focusing just on hitting scares the crap out of probably any pitcher, the dude is an excellent fielder so I wouldn't take that away from him. If anything, play him at 1st, have someone replace Swisher in RF and have Swisher DH or something.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 02-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am going to be doing a NYM chise and posting it on VSN

I am really looking forward to hopefully playing with F-Mart and also Josh Thole in September.

I really want to also sign a good starting pitcher in the 2010 off-season. Probably Cliff Lee. Although, it'd be cool to give Niese the 5th spot in the rotation.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
As much as the idea of Pujols focusing just on hitting scares the crap out of probably any pitcher, the dude is an excellent fielder so I wouldn't take that away from him. If anything, play him at 1st, have someone replace Swisher in RF and have Swisher DH or something.
Uhm...then what do you do with Texeira?

Thus why I think trades of that caliber are stupid...hopefully all of the talk around 2K's revamped trade system will make a trade of that magnitude either extremely costly or can't be done (after all, who would pay the ransom the Cardinals would hoist over his head if they can secure the funds to sign him to a multi-year franchise deal).

For me, I started with the Pirates last season, this season I hope the game doesn't infuriate me enough to not want to finish up with them. That means no more 10+ strikeout sessions from Evan Meek every appearance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »