Home

Conference tournaments

This is a discussion on Conference tournaments within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
Conference tournaments

Are the conference tournaments at authentic or generic sites? I'm wondering not just if the Big East is at MSG, but if the MAC is at The Q. I'm curious because I'm looking for reasons to get the game since I can't rent it.

Thanks for any feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Conference tournaments

I am pretty sure they are at authentic sites. Im not 100% sure but I remember playing the Big 10 tourney at Canseco
Old 03-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Are the conference tournaments at authentic or generic sites? I'm wondering not just if the Big East is at MSG, but if the MAC is at The Q. I'm curious because I'm looking for reasons to get the game since I can't rent it.

Thanks for any feedback.
All of them are authentic, EXCEPT MSG which is named Empire State Arena because of the rights. Played at the Maui Invitational, really cool, they got a hawaiian theme song in the beginning and your coaches wear hawaiian shirts. Played in Indianapolis Colts stadium too, the host of the NC, that stadium is awesome, it's huge.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
All of them are authentic, EXCEPT MSG which is named Empire State Arena because of the rights. Played at the Maui Invitational, really cool, they got a hawaiian theme song in the beginning and your coaches wear hawaiian shirts. Played in Indianapolis Colts stadium too, the host of the NC, that stadium is awesome, it's huge.
What he said.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
OP was talking about conference tournaments, not pre-season tournaments.

And to answer the question, from what little I've seen, conference tourneys are at the proper sites but they don't have the real arena model unless it's used by a college team. So they have MSG (or Empire State Arena, due to licensing issues) for the Big East tourney since St. John's plays there. For the Pac-10 tourney, they for sure say it's at the Staples Center, but the model they use is just generic since no team normally plays there.

I'm curious to check this out thoroughly. I wonder if they have the MAC tourney (which you mentioned) set up properly with first round games at the campus sites and all the rest in Cleveland. I'll check it out for you when I get a chance.

Last edited by ianlast; 03-02-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
Rookie

pickupman91's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
OP was talking about conference tournaments, not pre-season tournaments.

And to answer the question, from what little I've seen, conference tourneys are at the proper sites but they don't have the real arena model unless it's used by a college team. So they have MSG (or Empire State Arena, due to licensing issues) for the Big East tourney since St. John's plays there. For the Pac-10 tourney, they for sure say it's at the Staples Center, but the model they use is just generic since no team normally plays there.

I'm curious to check this out thoroughly. I wonder if they have the MAC tourney (which you mentioned) set up properly with first round games at the campus sites and all the rest in Cleveland. I'll check it out for you when I get a chance.
I can tell you that the OVC tournament is correct. The first round is played at the higher seed's home floor only the floor has an OVC layout instead of your college's theme. Then the remaining games are plaied in Nashville, TN like in real life, but the arena is sort of generic.
All authority of any kind...is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary.
-- J. Krishnamurti
Old 03-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupman91
I can tell you that the OVC tournament is correct. The first round is played at the higher seed's home floor only the floor has an OVC layout instead of your college's theme. Then the remaining games are plaied in Nashville, TN like in real life, but the arena is sort of generic.
Awesome! I'm surprised they got this right.

What blows my mind is that they can get things right for some tiny conference's tourney (no offense to your Panthers pickupman) and use the Sommet Center, but they can't even get the arenas right for the NCAA tournament. For example, instead of using the HP Pavilion in San Jose (or even just a generic NBA/NHL-sized arena in its place), the game uses SJSU's 5,000-seat campus arena! Unacceptable!

Last edited by ianlast; 03-04-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
Rookie

pickupman91's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
Awesome! I'm surprised they got this right.

What blows my mind is that they can get things right for some tiny conference's tourney (no offense to your Panthers pickupman) and use the Sommet Center, but they can't even get the arenas right for the NCAA tournament. For example, instead of using the HP Pavilion in San Jose (or even just a generic NBA/NHL-sized arena in its place), the game uses SJSU's 5,000-seat campus arena! Unacceptable!

It's cool, no offense taken
All authority of any kind...is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary.
-- J. Krishnamurti

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »