Home

MLB: The Show 10 (PSP) Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB: The Show 10 (PSP) Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
MLB: The Show 10 (PSP) Impressions

Does anyone have any impressions of the psp version of the game yet? If so I'm very interested to know of any changes or additions to the game. In particular I want to know about changes to franchise and create a player, and any new stances (and of course to my beloved New York Mets). If any one has any information please post--although I'm going to warn you that your PM box will be flooded with my follow up questions

I reserved the game and don't get it until Tuesday like everyone else but I am curious if others might have played it already as I'm antsy for some information.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB: The Show 10 (PSP) Impressions

*Apologies mods, this isn't an impression and I don't have the game yet, but I want it where the most people who will play the PSP version can see it. Feel free to move if you want, though*

Before we hit release day and the impressions start rolling in, there's something that I feel needs to be said. I was hoping something would come out about it in previews, or someone would notice it in the available information and post about it. But that hasn't happened, so consider this your caveat emptor about the PSP version:

There is no infrastructure online play (i.e. SportsConnect) in the PSP version of MLB '10 The Show.

2 player Ad-Hoc is, according to the back of the box, still in the game.

This is what I meant by "the available information": http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/PopB...oduct_ID=75712

It's clearly marked on the box that it is only Ad-Hoc (as opposed to '09's box which seperately mentions infrastructure and ad-hoc). Despite that, I can see how people might run out and buy it without looking, find out it's not there, and then come back here to cry about false advertising. I'm trying to head that off.

With that out of the way...assuming it's in-store on Tuesday when I go to pick up the PS3 version, I'll be coming back with both the PSP and PS3 versions and will be glad to give my impressions. It just so happens that online play doesn't concern me in the least when dealing with the PSP version.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
Rookie

dubuque's Arena

OVR: 5

im getting this for my psp go
Old 02-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
*Apologies mods, this isn't an impression and I don't have the game yet, but I want it where the most people who will play the PSP version can see it. Feel free to move if you want, though*

Before we hit release day and the impressions start rolling in, there's something that I feel needs to be said. I was hoping something would come out about it in previews, or someone would notice it in the available information and post about it. But that hasn't happened, so consider this your caveat emptor about the PSP version:

There is no infrastructure online play (i.e. SportsConnect) in the PSP version of MLB '10 The Show.

2 player Ad-Hoc is, according to the back of the box, still in the game.

This is what I meant by "the available information": http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/PopB...oduct_ID=75712

It's clearly marked on the box that it is only Ad-Hoc (as opposed to '09's box which seperately mentions infrastructure and ad-hoc). Despite that, I can see how people might run out and buy it without looking, find out it's not there, and then come back here to cry about false advertising. I'm trying to head that off.

With that out of the way...assuming it's in-store on Tuesday when I go to pick up the PS3 version, I'll be coming back with both the PSP and PS3 versions and will be glad to give my impressions. It just so happens that online play doesn't concern me in the least when dealing with the PSP version.

Speaking of which, do people know if it's supposed to come out as the same time as the other versions (i.e. March 2nd). I certainly hope so as I can't wait to play the new version.

Finally, if anyone has any updates please feel free to share as it could help whet some of our appetites for information.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

called best buy and looked on their site, it says

Number of Players
Release Date
3/2/2010
Publisher
Sony
Platform
PSP
Genre
Sports & Outdoors

Synopsis

******** language="JavaScript"> var ESRB = "e"; var ESRBText ="EVERYONE"; var ESRBAtr = "No Descriptors"; Synopsis
Prepare for intense action as MLB 10: The Show delivers a screaming fastball of authentic baseball experience. A variety of new and enhanced features come together for impressively realistic sports action, from the Catcher Calling the Game mode to new fielding and pitching training modes. Develop your skills to play against friends and rivals in Ad-Hoc mode and experience the rush of playing in 11 new stadiums filled with crowd ambiance and appearing with an enhanced presentation system.

MLB 10: The Show delivers a wide selection of choices to personalize your baseball experience, from creating personal highlight reels with Movie Maker to playing custom music, fan yells and chants. Find out whether you can hack it in new fielding and pitching training modes. Show off your hitting abilities with new personalized batting stances. MLB 10: The Show puts you right at home plate in the middle of major league baseball excitement.

Features

• Experience the MLB All-Star Week, Home-Run Derby and MLB All-Star Futures games
  • Rely on the catcher's opinion in Catcher Calling the Game mode
  • Create personal highlight reels with Movie Maker
  • Play in 11 new stadiums with custom music, fan yells and chants
  • Get ready for the big time with new fielding and pitching training modes
  • Compete against your friends and rivals in Ad-Hoc mode
  • Develop your own custom batting stance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
Rookie

michfan16's Arena

OVR: 12

Has anyone noticed if they had a psp kiosk at a best buy?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Stumpy Santo's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks for the info, bcruise. Online doesn't interest me, either. My question: does no Sports Connect mean no PSP roster updates too?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy Santo
Thanks for the info, bcruise. Online doesn't interest me, either. My question: does no Sports Connect mean no PSP roster updates too?
That's a very good question, and one that I hadn't thought about. Sportsconnect was the hub for downloading roster updates, and with that not there something's going to have to be changed up. My guess is that they would provide a download from a website or something - I can't imagine that the updates would be removed completely. But it's just that - only a guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »