Home

Calling all with RTTS experience... I have a ?

This is a discussion on Calling all with RTTS experience... I have a ? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6
Calling all with RTTS experience... I have a ?

Could anyone with significant playing time in the past RTTS please offer any advice or technique to starting a career? Last year I tinkered a bit but didn't really find the mode fun. Can anyone tell me a way to keep the mode fun, without being too repetitious?

I would really appreciate anyones opinion or suggestion to help me get the full potential out of my game this year. This mode was more intimidating than I would like to admit last year. Thanks to all who reply!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Calling all with RTTS experience... I have a ?

Don't max out your stats, and play on legend. Also make it realistic where if you have a right handed hitter, always keep his rating against LHP higher than it is against RHP. The key is to keep it challenging, otherwise you will get bored.

I've been able to get 10 years out of my '09 road to the show player using that strategy, and I actually don't want to buy '10 because I want to finish my guys career.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks man, wow 10 years out of one player? Congrats, man. Wonder if anyone else has had one like you or longer?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I had one that i played every game the first 7 seasons. Like the above poster said I like to keep it realistic as much as possible because if you can hit 50-60 hr a year then whats the fun? Just keep it real and make a storyline for your guy in your head if your into that. Also the only way i ever got a bunch of seasons in is to simulate some seasons when your guy is estsablished. I did that after my 7th season and i'd sim the season and play every game of the playoffs. My last guy was a 6 time world champion and ended my career on a dynasty yankee team 2028, 2029, 2030 W.S. Champions wooo!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
Rookie

clownbaby's Arena

OVR: 4

I played my 2nd Baseman (Wyatt Jones) until my disc just ran thin. I don't remember exactly how old he was, but I'm fairly certain he was 36 give or take a year.

So 16-18 years of playing EVERY GAME shed some light on the best and worst of RTTS. Here's what I did to keep it fun:

1.) Play on HOF in the minors and Legend in the majors. This sorta helps you overcome the biggest flaw of the game which is:

*NO RAW TALENT SKILLS. At 36 yrs old, I stole over 50 bases, while at 25 years old I took around 20SB in a season.

This is, by far, the laziest neglect on SCEA's part, and I'm calling them out on it. It wouldn't be rocket science to program and implement a declining skill set, and it's overdue.

By playing on HOF in the minors, it kind of compensates for your lack of raw skills which you will eventually accumulate in your mid 30's.

2.) Don't max your stats (as said before). This was a mistake of mine as well, and I won't be repeating it. It also keeps the challenge of attaining respectable career stats (if you max out, you will see your 1000th HR hit at 45 years old).

3.) Don't always play the field and run the bases. If you feel like playing the field and the bases, then by all means do so, but if you don't, then turn them off.

Personally, I played the field and ran the bags when I (A) played a series against the Yankees and (B) when I got to the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

I've put 11 years into a Starting Pitcher, and 8 years into a 3rd Baseman. I don't play the fielding as I found it to be pointless and repetitive, but I do play the baserunning portion.

As far as keeping it fresh, sure you can try all of these things, but what it really boils down to is staying commited to your player. If you get bored easily and have a short attention span, it has nothing to do with the game, and no gimmick you try in game to keep yourself interested is going to work. I'd suggest looking inward, instead of outward.

No offense of course
Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Wow, I didn't know you could turn off fielding or baserunning if you wanted to. That's pretty neat; I'll start doing that on Tuesday.

As for me, I created a virtual me so that made it fun. This time around, I plan to make a fictional character, track him on OS, and reach for a certain goal. I want to break Pete Rose's record for hits, so maybe that's something to go for. Your goals, not necessarily the goals of the game, make RTTS fun.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Wow, I didn't know you could turn off fielding or baserunning if you wanted to. That's pretty neat; I'll start doing that on Tuesday.

As for me, I created a virtual me so that made it fun. This time around, I plan to make a fictional character, track him on OS, and reach for a certain goal. I want to break Pete Rose's record for hits, so maybe that's something to go for. Your goals, not necessarily the goals of the game, make RTTS fun.
My biggest gripe with RTTS, and it might sound strange....But i get called up WAY too early.....In both my RTTS players, i would make it to the THE SHOW by mid-point in my 1st season. I usually select DRAFT. Maybe i have just gotten lucky...TWICE....but i like playing in the minors for at least 2 yrs bfore getting the call.

By year 2...I was the starting 3rd baseman for the ASTROS. Batted .244 with 8 HRs and 56 RBI's and played in 144 games. RTTS got VERY stale after that point.

As great as the mode is....RTTS is just not for me. I think the main thing is the loading....6 mins playing...training....loading....aspect. I would rather play a franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »