Home

Sounds of the Show + Online

This is a discussion on Sounds of the Show + Online within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-22-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sounds of the Show + Online

Does anyone know how online will incorporate with sounds of the show?

I'm a huge fan of the sound customization but I played 95% of my games on TheShow09 online. To my knowledge there was no way I could hear custom intro music while playing online. It'd be great to have custom HR sounds etc when I'm the home team online.

Big thanks to anyone who can shed light.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 AM   #2
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sounds of the Show + Online

Sorry, I can't help you. I'm pretty sure what you say is right, that you won't be able to hear them online, because online always uses SCEA's default rosters, and those haven't been editted with sound files.

But I'm more interested in, how in the world did you play most of the games online!!?? It felt so laggy and broken to me.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
Rookie

Well, I can understand maybe how it might not allow specific player intros in online due to the rosters changing frequently, but with the new version allowing TEAM SOUNDS such as strikeout, walk, HR, it seems like it should be a viable option for online.

This is my biggest hope for MLB10, shadows are nice, presentation is good, but bring the sound customization to online!!

As for me being able to play MLB09 online, I rarely had lag issues (and if I did I just disconnected in the 1st inning). The game did play a little bit differently than offline (hit and run seemed broken online), but I had a great time with it. Played over 300 games.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
Rookie

I'm surprised there's not much interest in this subject.

For a test I tried tonight to see if I could get one player's intro music to play while online, and *NO SURPRISE* it did not work.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a possibility. Not a huge deal, but isn't it the little things that make us all love The Show so much?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #5
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Russell said no to this subject. It had something to do with copyright issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 AM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for the concrete answer. Now I don't have to worry about getting my hopes up.

Interesting that you mention copyright being the issue though. The way I see it it's the exact same thing online as off (obviously I would only expect to hear my music on my end).

Would love to hear the devs talk about this more for future updates.

/confused
Old 02-23-2010, 02:46 AM   #7
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

rareSide, what exatly are you asking?

Are you asking if you can hear an opponents custom music if they have any programed to play?

Are you asking if you can hear your own if you have it programed?

Or are you asking if when you download someone's roster it also downloads their music too that they have tied to their roster/team?

I know in NCAA Football 10 it allows YOUR music to work online, playing them off your hard drive. Although, if someone else has music on their hard drive playing, you can not hear it through your PS3.

WrigleyVill33, with regards to Russell maybe you were thinking about when someone asked that if you download someone's roster, the music downloads with it. In that case, Russell said in order to allow that it would be too much legal red tape because the game isn't a rated-M game.

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 02-23-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
Rookie

All I want is to be able to hear my own custom music when I'm playing games online. For example, I always pick the Rangers.

When I play online (as the home team), I'd like to be able to hear my own custom music for Ranger homeruns, walks, strikeouts, and in between-inning music. I don't expect or want the opponent to hear this, just me. So yeah, what I want it just like that NCAA game.

When I'm the away team, I don't expect it to be any different than it is now.

Hope this clears it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »