Home

Total Shots Taken

This is a discussion on Total Shots Taken within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25
Icon5 Total Shots Taken

I'm looking for a way to improve the number of shots teams take in a game. I can keep mine between 90-100 on 12 min. qtrs. The computer gets between 100-110. Is there a slider I can change? I know me running down the shot clock will work sometimes, but is there a way to stop the computer from launching shots 10 seconds into their shot clock? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
Rookie

lbowbb2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Total Shots Taken

Ive been working on the same thing. Make sure you run plays for one thing. I set Reach-In and Charge/Block to 100. In-Air needs to be 75. Im probably gonna go with Shooting Foul at 75 too. To get realistic turnovers, I set steal and interception to 100 and the same with hands in post and on perimeter. All of these will result in a realistic number of shots. Last game I had 79 FGA and the computer had 83. I had 27 FTA and they had 25. Turnovers were a tad low, 12 both ways. Hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
MVP

davis420's Arena

Thanks, I'll try this when I get a game in later.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Rookie

FragrantDogsnob's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
Thanks, I'll try this when I get a game in later.
Can you post how you got on with the changes.
Someone on another post has also said that raising the Offball Awareness by 10 (global edits i think) helps stop the cpu shooting so early aswell.
Plus what also helps is if you dont apply much pressure on the ball handler around the perimeter when on D.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Rookie

FragrantDogsnob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbowbb2
Ive been working on the same thing. Make sure you run plays for one thing. I set Reach-In and Charge/Block to 100. In-Air needs to be 75. Im probably gonna go with Shooting Foul at 75 too. To get realistic turnovers, I set steal and interception to 100 and the same with hands in post and on perimeter. All of these will result in a realistic number of shots. Last game I had 79 FGA and the computer had 83. I had 27 FTA and they had 25. Turnovers were a tad low, 12 both ways. Hope this helps.
What difficulty are you playing with these settings? Also do you use any other slider setting apart from steal/interception/hands in post and on perimeter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
Rookie

lbowbb2's Arena

OVR: 4

I play on All-Star because that's what one of the developers said was the most realistic. I made my own sliders. I make every setting a multiple of 25 (either 0, 25, 50, 75 or 100). Ive learned you cant make an imperfect game perfect. Ill post the whole set later on if youre interested.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
MVP

davis420's Arena

I have a pretty good set up on Pro. Most things are default. I can't tell you off the top of my head what I changed. I changed fouls for sure. If you want to post your sliders you can that way I have something else to go off of to edit. Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 03:29 AM   #8
Rookie

FragrantDogsnob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbowbb2
I play on All-Star because that's what one of the developers said was the most realistic. I made my own sliders. I make every setting a multiple of 25 (either 0, 25, 50, 75 or 100). Ive learned you cant make an imperfect game perfect. Ill post the whole set later on if youre interested.
Please if you could post your slider set it would be very much appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »