Home

Dirt Track Racing 2

This is a discussion on Dirt Track Racing 2 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Dirt Track Racing 2

I'm just curious if any of you all still play this? I am looking into purchasing this as I used to love the original Dirt Track Racing game that came out in 1999. I must have lost it sometime over the last few years.

Anyways, I'm looking into purchasing Dirt Track Racing 2 off Amazon for about $7 or so. Is the game still worth playing? I love NR 2003 and all it offers, but it would be nice to have a dirt track racing game.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Dirt Track Racing 2

It's a solid game. Good fun. But if you can find a copy of Ratbag's World of Outlaws Sprint Cars for the PC (released around 2002 or 2003), grab it in a second. PHENOMENAL game -- the best dirt-track racing game ever.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
It's a solid game. Good fun. But if you can find a copy of Ratbag's World of Outlaws Sprint Cars for the PC (released around 2002 or 2003), grab it in a second. PHENOMENAL game -- the best dirt-track racing game ever.
I see that the Sprint Cars game came out before Dirt Track Racing 2. It was the second in the three-part Dirt Track Racing series (DTR, DTR Sprint Cars, DTR 2). So you would recommend picking up the Sprint Cars one as opposed to DTR 2?

Of course, as cheap as they are nowadays, I could just get both.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
i have that game but having can not get it working right on vista what can i do about this. gary
Old 02-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
All Star

Sorry, Gary: I run XP.

Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I'm just curious if any of you all still play this? I am looking into purchasing this as I used to love the original Dirt Track Racing game that came out in 1999. I must have lost it sometime over the last few years.

Anyways, I'm looking into purchasing Dirt Track Racing 2 off Amazon for about $7 or so. Is the game still worth playing? I love NR 2003 and all it offers, but it would be nice to have a dirt track racing game.

Thanks.
Get dtr2. It is awesome and there is a ton of people who still play it online. Our league has been averaging 30 cars a race this season which is the most in our history since we started 6 years ago. If you want it for free there is an iso of it at www.ifrt-dirtracing.com and I think they also have WOO 2002 there. WOO 2002 actually has better graphics even though it was released slightly before dtr2...WOO is a great game if you like sprints but there is very little customization which is the main reason hardly anyone plays it online now. dtr2 there are still new tracks and cars coming out so it has stayed kicking over the years.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker0
Get dtr2. It is awesome and there is a ton of people who still play it online. Our league has been averaging 30 cars a race this season which is the most in our history since we started 6 years ago. If you want it for free there is an iso of it at www.ifrt-dirtracing.com and I think they also have WOO 2002 there. WOO 2002 actually has better graphics even though it was released slightly before dtr2...WOO is a great game if you like sprints but there is very little customization which is the main reason hardly anyone plays it online now. dtr2 there are still new tracks and cars coming out so it has stayed kicking over the years.
Man, thanks so much for that link. Great source of information and downloads!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Thanks for the help, guys.

Just one question: Do you all know if the game works with Windows Vista?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »