Home

ea could be in danger of losing its exclusive nfl license!

This is a discussion on ea could be in danger of losing its exclusive nfl license! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
ea could be in danger of losing its exclusive nfl license!

american needle vs nfl is a case that is currently before the supreme court. american needle claims that the nfl is stifling competition with their exclusive rights deals such as reebok,directtv, electronic arts etc... american needle once held a license to make apparrel such as hats jersies sweaters etc.. but in 2001 the nfl made an exclusive deal with reebok and basically swept the rug out from under american neeedles feet so to speak. the nfl claims that it is one entity while american neeldles argues that the nfl is in fact 32 entities that they should be able to negotiate with individually. i wont go on too much more but its an interesting topic that you can look up on the internet if you want to know more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: ea could be in danger of losing its exclusive nfl license!

thank god, i hope they do, we need a decent nfl game now. and if they dont lose the liscense, then i guess BACKBREAKER will have to do because im not putting up with madden anymore
Old 02-15-2010, 01:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

In before somebody inevitably shows up and says "It'll never happen, EA and NFL have great lawyers, etc."

But with that said, it would certainly be a step in the right direction.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

Meh.
I've heard this before. Until it happens, keep dreaming....

Last edited by Segagendude; 02-15-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Meh.

Right, many have attempted...all have failed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 01:53 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Meh.
And even then, who's gonna challenge the big bad wolf?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 AM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This case has been in the forums of a few times in the past.

I don't think there is a decision coming until July. Sounds like the Supreme Court might kick it back to the lower courts the last time I heard anything about it.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #8
Banned

i hope that american needle wins this case because i dont believe that the nfl should have absolute power granted to them. it seems completely against the values that this country was built upon. competition breeds innovation without it companies and industries become complacent in knowing no matter what they are the only show in town. look at what happened to the madden franchise ever since ea signed the exclusive nfl deal in 2005. the game has basically been a debacle but its peoples passion for the nfl that keep them coming back for more despite the subpar quality. companies should have the right to compete in the football video game industry. at least with a variety of nfl video games the consumer can choose which game best suits their desires in what a game should be and spend their money accordingly. the way it has been the past 5 years is unamerican because there is no choice its either you like madden or you dont and if you dont well thats too bad cause thats all you are getting. seems like punishment to the consumers and passionate nfl fans if you ask me. the only ones who benefit from all of this are the nfl and ea not the consumers which is a bit ironic because without the consumers the nfl and ea would not exist!

Last edited by DEATHPROVIDER77; 02-15-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »