Home

What has the Show brought to the table feature wise ?

This is a discussion on What has the Show brought to the table feature wise ? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
What has the Show brought to the table feature wise ?

With my limited knowledge in baseball features, I can only think of the great base running tool. Left stick towards the runner and then select a base. Its simple and intuitive, 2K adopted it and was giving full credit for its innovation a year after the show had it in spades.

Fast Forward? did any other game have this feature before the show?

Regular Joe's name in the game

as you can see my knowledge is limited, I know some features are from other games, which is cool with me, saves me money. Their may be more, but I'm drawing a blank.

RTTS was this before Maddens super star? I can't be too sure, I'd hedge my bet and say yes since MLB comes out in Feb/March.

I hope and pray the show, goes the "rock and fire" method of pitching, I think its a great idea and implemented very well. 2K's is cool, but it reminds me too much of Fight Night when I play that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What has the Show brought to the table feature wise ?

Alot of people don't like it, but I loved the "right stick swing" that NCAA MVP06 created. It really felt like I was the one that was swinging.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6

I assume that what you mean is what features has the MLB the Show series brought to the table thats never been seen before. The RTTS was the first for MLB games. That's probably it, but I can't really say 100% that's it.

Moving on, I would like to add that I think the "swing stick" from 2K would be much better served in the MLB series, just imagine how sick the animations would be from SCEA's MLB?

Last edited by brewersfan84; 02-10-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

the amazing graphics in a sports game/great gameplay
Old 02-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

The show has brought : The best graphics/gameplay, the most addictive mode(RTTS) (all the other sports game's career modes don't compare), the best presentation, and unique little things that make this game such a beauty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

To me, The Show has simply just brought the most realistic baseball game to the table.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

MLB '06 had some of the best commentary I'd heard in a video game at that time. Later on I'm pretty sure they were the first to add situational lines with player names included, not stitched together, that is. It wasn't the first to completely eliminate that stitching (2k9 is), but it usually only shows up when dealing with created players, rookies, and the like.

What games had Preloading throws before the Show? (Maybe the same series when it was under 989, but which else?)
Old 02-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
MLB '06 had some of the best commentary I'd heard in a video game at that time. Later on I'm pretty sure they were the first to add situational lines with player names included, not stitched together, that is. It wasn't the first to completely eliminate that stitching (2k9 is), but it usually only shows up when dealing with created players, rookies, and the like.

What games had Preloading throws before the Show? (Maybe the same series when it was under 989, but which else?)
MVP you could preload throws.

To add, sometimes it isn't about what you bring to the table as being first, but what you do as far as refining it and making it better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »