Home

NBA 2K10: Defense and Offense Guide

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Defense and Offense Guide within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
NBA 2K10: Defense and Offense Guide

Hey guys,

I took a stab and posted a blog about playing offense and defense on NBA 2K10. I really hope this helps other guys here to play offense or defense on 2K10 the right way. Check it out, please be nice..

http://simulationsports.blogspot.com...-nba-2k10.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K10: Defense and Offense Guide

I've seen Pared say to put defensive assist at 100 and now I see you say to put it at 5. I've only tried it at 20 and 100. At those settings, I feel like the auto vacuum suck in animation effect is still pulling me to whatever defender I'm closest to or assigned to on a switch rather than letting me move where I want to go. I hope your setting of 5 is good. I'll try it out.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
I've seen Pared say to put defensive assist at 100 and now I see you say to put it at 5. I've only tried it at 20 and 100. At those settings, I feel like the auto vacuum suck in animation effect is still pulling me to whatever defender I'm closest to or assigned to on a switch rather than letting me move where I want to go. I hope your setting of 5 is good. I'll try it out.
They higher the value, the more the CPU will control your guy.. Defensive assist at 5 gives you 95% of control over your guy, plus you can use the L trigger for pressure/tight defense..
Old 02-09-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

i keep mine at 0 and the game feels great to me. figuring out how to get your players to move the way you want them to takes a bit of practice though...it isnt very intuitive.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:51 AM   #5
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
i keep mine at 0 and the game feels great to me. figuring out how to get your players to move the way you want them to takes a bit of practice though...it isnt very intuitive.
The thing is, when you put it on 0 you wouldn't be able to use the L-trigger for pressure D...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 03:05 AM   #6
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
The thing is, when you put it on 0 you wouldn't be able to use the L-trigger for pressure D...
False. I too play with it on 0 and use pressure D when needed.

Last edited by RipCity71252; 02-09-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:16 AM   #7
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
False. I too play with it on 0 and use pressure D when needed.
Really? hmm I gotta try that again..
Old 02-09-2010, 05:27 AM   #8
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Nice guide Green Flash.I don't agree with the use of the shot button(square).This is not realistic.It's like using buttons for punches instead of the analogue stick in Fight Night Round 4.
You can also use intense D with controller at 0 but you must be at the right position facing your matchup.I don't know though if it drains stamina as when set to 5 and above.That's why i prefer it at 5 because i can see the red meter flashing.
Using plays is a must for me too and i also use the floor pattern and be patient.I'm obsessed with realistic stats and i want the game to be played as real life basketball.The 2nd patch is a must for me (i don't care about roles/chemistry.Trades are off and i allow them for 2 weeks only).With help d strength at 100,on ball steals at 30 for cpu and shooting at 41,43,45,47 for both cpu/hum this game is just perfect for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »