Home

Madden just cheated me out of a potential win

This is a discussion on Madden just cheated me out of a potential win within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden just cheated me out of a potential win

This happened in a Franchise with some friends. I was in a regular season game against the CPU. I am up 4. There is time for 1 play. CPU is at my 12 yard line.

Computer completes a deep crossing route at the 2 and I push the player out of bounds at the 2. But then, 2 yards out of bounds, the computer WR does the roughing the passer animation where he gets tripped up. So the WR gets into that animation at the 2 yard line (this is after getting pushed out, 2 or 3 steps out of bounds) and trips forward over the goal line, but still out of bounds.

Then the refs throw the flag for late hit, and says half the distance to the goal. But insead of the CPU getting to run 1 more play inside the 1 they just counted the TD! Even though the WR gets pushed out of bounds, takes 2 steps on the white, trips over my defender in the roughing the passer animation and crosses the goalline while completely out of bounds. Typical Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden just cheated me out of a potential win

Try and figure out this.

I place massive restriction upon myself when playing my chise, only choose from Ask Madden options, play as straight as the CPU and I supersim special teams because there's no saving them with sliders.

In season two I'm the 0-5 Browns at the 5-0 Steelers. Coming off a 24-6 loss in Buffalo I was surprised at how my team played.

Got lots of pressure on Roflburger, offence managed to keep drives alive and before I knew it, it was 27-13 at the half. Pitts only TD coming from a Stefan Logan punt return that was supersimmed.

3rd quarter goes through, no problems no scoring.

Early in the 4th I'm forced to punt........74yd punt return by Stefan Logan. Next drive 3 and out........76yd punt return by Stefan Logan, his 3rd of the game.

All tied at 27, I managed to put together a drive and get a long FG to take a 30-27 lead with just 3 minutes to go.

97yd kick return TD by Mike Wallace.

3 return TD's in a quarter + 1 in the 1st half?

In 1.5 seasons of using my method of super simming, I'd had just 3 special teams TD's against me. But FOUR in one game which I wasn't going to be allowed to win.

I saved screenshots but it's pointless because EA's developers will deny this sort of behaviour, but this was just over the top and I can't go back to playing it any longer.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
Rookie

It seems as if the CPU gets whatever it wants, when it wants. Like if its 4th and 10 the computer will complete a 6 yard pass, then I will tackle the player right away, but of course the computer gets the 4 yard tackle animation it needs to get the 1st.

4 returns in 1 game...thats insane. Was your team pretty bad? Maybe your depth was hurting your special teams play. Thats still terrible though.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylezgwhite
This happened in a Franchise with some friends. I was in a regular season game against the CPU. I am up 4. There is time for 1 play. CPU is at my 12 yard line.

Computer completes a deep crossing route at the 2 and I push the player out of bounds at the 2. But then, 2 yards out of bounds, the computer WR does the roughing the passer animation where he gets tripped up. So the WR gets into that animation at the 2 yard line (this is after getting pushed out, 2 or 3 steps out of bounds) and trips forward over the goal line, but still out of bounds.

Then the refs throw the flag for late hit, and says half the distance to the goal. But insead of the CPU getting to run 1 more play inside the 1 they just counted the TD! Even though the WR gets pushed out of bounds, takes 2 steps on the white, trips over my defender in the roughing the passer animation and crosses the goalline while completely out of bounds. Typical Madden.
Yeah something similar happened to me but the opposite.

I was about the 30 yard line (CPU's half) and I threw a TD, my WR caught the ball 2 yards into the endzone where he was hit by the Safety. My WR held onto the ball and TD was given but then the CPU's coach challenged (for what I'm still not too sure), the challenge was successful (so the CPU won the decision- NO TD) but it cut to a scene of my WR's celebrating like the TD counted then the ball was placed at the 1 yard line, my ball, 1 and goal.

It's happened twice and I still can't figure out what happened, why the CPU challenged, why the challenged was successful, why my WR's celebrated or why I was put at the 1 yard line.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Yeah something similar happened to me but the opposite.

I was about the 30 yard line (CPU's half) and I threw a TD, my WR caught the ball 2 yards into the endzone where he was hit by the Safety. My WR held onto the ball and TD was given but then the CPU's coach challenged (for what I'm still not too sure), the challenge was successful (so the CPU won the decision- NO TD) but it cut to a scene of my WR's celebrating like the TD counted then the ball was placed at the 1 yard line, my ball, 1 and goal.

It's happened twice and I still can't figure out what happened, why the CPU challenged, why the challenged was successful, why my WR's celebrated or why I was put at the 1 yard line.
Same thing happened to me. I must have went over that replay 10 times in slow motion to see if Calvin Johnson got his feet in...he caught the ball and had made 4 more freaking steps inbounds afterwards....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Welcome to the club
Old 02-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

I was nearly robbed too. I was doing a 2-minute drill before half time, the score was very close. Steadily making my way down field. I had one time out left and 10 seconds on the clock. So I throw a pass and its complete but stopped at the sideline but the booth reviews the play. The whole time I am hitting 'select' (the timeout button on the xbox), so they review the play, it stands and the last three seconds tick off the clock while I am madly hitting the select button! I didn't get to kick the certain FG!

Anyway the game ended up in overtime and I eventually won (with 1 min of overtime left!). Had I've lost, those 3 points would have been the difference and I would have been furious! Lucky I pulled off the win!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubz
Same thing happened to me. I must have went over that replay 10 times in slow motion to see if Calvin Johnson got his feet in...he caught the ball and had made 4 more freaking steps inbounds afterwards....
I've come to realize that if it looks like he got his feet inbounds then its incomplete, and if it looks like he stepped out its a catch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »