Home

My QB fell off a cliff

This is a discussion on My QB fell off a cliff within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My QB fell off a cliff

I drafted Tristen Riley. Late in the draft, at least 4th round. The first 4 years of his career were great. At least 30 TDs and his INTs were below 13 in every season. So I have won 2 super bowls in a row, and I am appearing in #3 in a row. Riley has 99 Short, Medium and Deep accuracy.

In the superbowl I went 3/17 passing! All 3 completions were screen passes. 2 HB screens, and 1 WR screen. He could not complete ANY pass. I'm talkin a 5 yard RB hitch in the middle of the field wide open uncontested and he throws it 5 yards to the right or left! He was missing EVERY throw by at least 5 yards. If it was a streak down the sideline the ball would be thrown either way out of bounds or right down the middle where the FS could INT it. If it was a crossing route it would be 5 yards ahead of the guy. One time I threw a slant to my slot WR on the left side, and the ball hit the reciever I had on the other side of the field doing a slant!

These throws were not the result from pressure, either. Maybe 1 or 2 of the incompletions but most were throws from the pocket with my feet set. At first I thought it was a controller issue but It happened with both controllers. So....I'm stumped. Anyone else run into this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: My QB fell off a cliff

Sounds like he choked.. Whenever there's a struggle in the pass or the pass defense is on point, I just dominate wit the run.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

My players have a habit of under-performing in big games.

It seems that instead of both teams performing well in important games to make it seem like a showdown, the AI cranks up for the CPU and down for the Human...

Nature of the beast.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
Rookie

He is doing the same thing in the next season though. He couldn't hit water if he fell off a boat. He can't hit a 8 yard hitch in a soft part of a zone. I have played 3 games in the next season and I have the same issues. He can't compete anything besides screen passes. If I try to throw any kind of pass is usually ends up closer to a different icon then the one I pressed.

The 1st 3 seasons with Riley he was like Peyton Manning. I could place the ball where it needed to be. Now I can't even complete a wide open slant. Talk about frustrating.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

maybe you accidently switched from ROOKIE to All-Pro or All-Madden without knowing.

Things are a BIT tougher when you move up from ROOKIE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
maybe you accidently switched from ROOKIE to All-Pro or All-Madden without knowing.

Things are a BIT tougher when you move up from ROOKIE.
no.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

I know with one of my franchises (My fantasy Seahawks) I play myskill...I definitely have games where McNabb takes one for the team...I like to pass more, but those games I usually do more run plays to keep the cpu off my behind. Maybe its on myskill and your IQ caught up with you after making your 3rd Superbowl?

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 02-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #8
Rookie

My first thought was that it was a fluke being that it was the Superbowl.

I played a regular season game after the superbowl and went 1/11 with the lone completion on post route against cover 1 that was wide open. I was shocked I got a completion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »