Home

Salaries in Be A GM Mode

This is a discussion on Salaries in Be A GM Mode within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-05-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Salaries in Be A GM Mode

I apologize ahead of time, but I was wondering if anybody had played 8-10 years into BAGM and found that most players end up asking ridiculous salaries and end up sitting in FA for years.

One example, in my BAGM I played as the Blackhawks for the first 6 years and in the fourth year I couldn't resign Toews because he wanted nearly 8 Million a season. For the next 5 season he sat in the FA pool because nobody had the cap space to sign him.

I'm now in 2017 and there is an ever-growing list of FA's that contains many of the best players in the league, who are in their prime and are not playing because teams can't fit them in under the cap.

Is this a problem you have seen as well or is this just how the mode works?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #2
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Salaries in Be A GM Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltersobchak
I apologize ahead of time, but I was wondering if anybody had played 8-10 years into BAGM and found that most players end up asking ridiculous salaries and end up sitting in FA for years.

One example, in my BAGM I played as the Blackhawks for the first 6 years and in the fourth year I couldn't resign Toews because he wanted nearly 8 Million a season. For the next 5 season he sat in the FA pool because nobody had the cap space to sign him.

I'm now in 2017 and there is an ever-growing list of FA's that contains many of the best players in the league, who are in their prime and are not playing because teams can't fit them in under the cap.

Is this a problem you have seen as well or is this just how the mode works?
Ive seen that happen too so now i dont use Salary cap anymore, BUT I DO NOT ABUSE NOT HAVING CAPS ON.....meaning i wont pay Toews 10mill if his asking for 8 mill, but i will pay him like 8.25 mill so I kind of cheat
Old 02-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Yeah, I have heard about this. I play with cap off (but I don't sign free agents, other than guys under age 21, and never have higher than 6th highest payroll). I'm in year 10 of my franchise, and no premier free agents are sitting around.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

I play with the cap off. The CPU is much more aggressive but it doesn't fix everything.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

So turning the salary cap off gets rid of having guys like Toews and Kane sit in free agency for years upon years? This is good news.

Is there anything that gets messed up or doesn't get fixed from keeping the cap off?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
So turning the salary cap off gets rid of having guys like Toews and Kane sit in free agency for years upon years? This is good news.

Is there anything that gets messed up or doesn't get fixed from keeping the cap off?
I play with cap off and never seen Toews or Kane in FA list but I have seen like older players in the FA list so it doesnt fix everything like above poster said but helps alot, just don't abuse it
Old 02-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11
I play with cap off and never seen Toews or Kane in FA list but I have seen like older players in the FA list so it doesnt fix everything like above poster said but helps alot, just don't abuse it
Well that's not too bad I guess. As long as it's older players that might only have a year or 2 left.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Well that's not too bad I guess. As long as it's older players that might only have a year or 2 left.
exactly the older guys, like Brendan Shanahan a guy who has vary few years left and has a big salary, ive also seen people like Chris Clark, and Juri Hudler stuck in the FA list but no big names like Kane or Toews I hope it stays that way.....I will say I have seen Modano playing for the Texas Stars instead of Dallas Stars.....which drives me crazy

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »