Home

Your Recruiting Experience

This is a discussion on Your Recruiting Experience within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-05-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Your Recruiting Experience

I have been playing NCAA 2010 since it came out nearly every day. I have done countless dynasties that have gone on for 10+ years, mainly simulating and playing select games. I have probably racked up over 200 games against the computer since July in my offline dynasty experience and I have one big gripe with the recruiting experience. In all of these different Dynasties I have ran through I always found a huge monster of a prospect every few years who was just off the charts and came in as an 88-90 ovr player and was an impact player at their position right away.

I was able to recruit a LT who started for three years and was an absolute monster in protecting my quarterback and sealing off the edge. I recruited a Defensive End who was able to amass 60+ sacks in his 4 years as a starter. I had a CB who came in as a 90 OVR with 96 speed and moved him to FS and shattered every INT record and was a 3x All-American. The thing all these guys had in common were that they were head and shoulders above every other player in the country, even as freshmen, in regards to their physical skill set. Much like a Ndamukong Suh was this past year.

My only gripe is that, in my experience, I have yet to come across a QB with a skill set similar to Terrell Pryor or the Arm/AWR of a Peyton Manning. Sure I see those QBs with B+ speed, but their supporting skills AGI/BTK/Spin/Juke are very mediocre. Then once in a while I get a 5* QB with B+ Arm Strength and Accuracy but their Awareness is D-. How about you guys? Have you had the generational talent show up in your recruiting pool as a QB? Let me know, I'd love to hear about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Your Recruiting Experience

In one of my dynasties I recruited a 4* Athlete. as a FR he had 92spd 91acc 92thp 85juke 84 elu 85tha 73awr. When he left my program as a SR he was 94spd 92acc 91 juke 90 elu 96thp 95tha 88awr. thats kinda Pryor like i think.

as for actual QB's the best i have recruited had like 91thp and 88tha but his awr was like 71. he graduated with 95thp 97tha and around 85awr though.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
Banned

wryly's Arena

OVR: 2

My best recruit was a 6'8 260ish OLB I landed when I was doing a dynasty with A&M. He was an absolute beast against the run, very fast, and could come up and rush the quarterback from the end very effectively. Easily the most dominant defender I've had.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
Rookie

NikB13's Arena

OVR: 6

I definitely agree here. i usually find that the "beasts" as freshman are usually lineman for me, offensive or defensive. and i also think the CB pool is WAY to flooded. almost every dynasty after like 4 years, the lowest CB on my team is like an 87.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Has anybody noticed the problem of lack of speed at the WR position? There are too many B and B- possession receivers, and not enough speed receivers with poor route running and bad hands. I also have found more fast LB's than I have fast corners some years.

Mike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Macc24JR's Arena

OVR: 5

I've seen plenty of talent through these draft classes but I agree - there's very few pro-style QBs who have the skillset to dominate a game like Terelle or Peyton. The closest I've ever seen to Peyton is a Ju-Co transfer QB who came in as a juniour and probably for good reason because he had B+ THP B THA and B+ AWR. That's the closest to Peyton I've ever seen.

As for Terelle in our year 4 class, there's a QB who has B+ speed, B+ accuracy I think B- or something power but B+ for elusiveness and break tackle. There's a couple users fighting for him right now coz this kid has everyones jaw dropped.

MLB - Atlanta Braves
NFL - Philly Eagles / Seattle Seahawks
NHL - Chicago Blackhawks
NBA - Detroit Pistons
College - USC Trojans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »