Home

For married/living with GF gamers: I broke the news today..

This is a discussion on For married/living with GF gamers: I broke the news today.. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
For married/living with GF gamers: I broke the news today..

I'm sure some of you have had to do this last year. I'm sure I won't be the only one who is doing it this year.

I let the little lady know that our bank account will be about $400 lighter in a month. When I told her it was because I was buying a PS3 for one baseball game I got the expected remarks about a "colossal waste of money." I tried to spin the Blu-Ray angle, but she really doesn't care about that stuff. She still watches VCR tapes on a small TV in our bedroom when she is lying in bed some time.

Oh well. It's out of the way now. It won't be a surprise. Really, she didn't give me too much grief. I was glad I didn't have to start bringing up $100 pairs of shoes that only get worn once or twice a year, of which there are at least $400 worth of in the closet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Rookie

RNunez187's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: For married/living with GF gamers: I broke the news today..

I had to ask the wife the other day if I could get the game. I feel your pain
Old 02-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
I'm sure some of you have had to do this last year. I'm sure I won't be the only one who is doing it this year.

I let the little lady know that our bank account will be about $400 lighter in a month. When I told her it was because I was buying a PS3 for one baseball game I got the expected remarks about a "colossal waste of money." I tried to spin the Blu-Ray angle, but she really doesn't care about that stuff. She still watches VCR tapes on a small TV in our bedroom when she is lying in bed some time.

Oh well. It's out of the way now. It won't be a surprise. Really, she didn't give me too much grief. I was glad I didn't have to start bringing up $100 pairs of shoes that only get worn once or twice a year, of which there are at least $400 worth of in the closet.
Now this is a great thread!!!

Congrats buddy! Fortunately my brothers took care of me for x-mas and bought me a PS3. I have been dealing with my wife about the same thing for the past year and a half!! Now you just have to find time to play the thing! That is pulling more teeth than actually trying to get one!

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Rookie

yea i feel u , but oddly enough my late valentines day present from my gf will be MLB 10 THE SHOW! I feel like a winner sort of lol
Old 02-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

What if you're married AND have a girlfriend?(or two,or three)

signed, T.Woods
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

I just recently purchased a house. Needless to say...the tv room will be getting a flat-screen tv.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky

You should tell your wife that the PS3 Slim is only $299.99! If that helps.

Mini Blog #1 up
"What up with Hamels?" MW2 commercial
Old 02-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
Pro

My wife has no clue what I have in my man cave. I bought a ps3 several years ago and she never noticed. Ill do the same when MLB 10 arrives. As far as i know she still thinks I have a PS2

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »