Home

90-91 roster (360)

This is a discussion on 90-91 roster (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 23
90-91 roster (360)

filename: 1991

gamertag: portlandblazer

transfer kit users click here: http://rapidshare.com/files/345120517/1991_2k10.z36

season summary: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_1991.html

all teams have full 12 man rosters. i used a glitch to rename current players to fill out the rosters. this glitch however caused some strange things to happen which i really have no explanation for. one in particular is i changed lamarcus aldridge to derrick gervin, a scrub for the nets. this in turn deleted the name anderson from the database. no clue why but i didnt find out until i was too far along in the process to go back and fix it. i had to go back and test numerous roster saves to find out just exactly what caused this before i found out which name change was the culprit but still cant figure out why it happened so im sure i will find more strangeness as i play more. long story short, the announcers say the number rather than saying anderson. not really a game killer but lame nonetheless. also you will notice some other strange things with the announcers saying a players previous name for some situations and their new name for other situations.

for those that want to play association, not sure if you read in one of my previous posts but i found a workaround to the vanishing legends. it might be too time consuming for some to want to do but its the only way i found to make sure all the stars are there. you have to control all 30 teams and do fantasy draft and select every player for each team.

i went ahead and did all the contracts for each player, assigned the stars in the free agent pool to the legends teams and edited the remaining free agents so you wont have the bulls signing lebron and the lakers signing wade and bosh. i also edited the grizzlies bobcats and rapters players so they wont be making the playoffs and their contracts are all maxed so they shouldnt be making any trades. i would just sim the games against these teams.

a few players are not included because they missed all or nearly the entire season. not sure what association players might want to do about this, maybe create the player in your draft class and draft him to the team he should be on or delete some of the existing caps and replace them by doing the renaming glitch prior to starting your association or season. mark price and johnny dawkins are the main ones, roy tarpley and fat lever come to mind also, lever plays sporadically over the last few years of his career and tarpley gets booted from the league for being a coke head.

i gave the bulls, sixers and warriors black shoes for home and way as thats what they wore in the playoffs that year. i know its a minor detail to most but they wore white shoes during the regular season.

i will need feedback on how people like this particular method of filling out the rosters before i decide if i will continue doing it this way. i have had a blast with this roster in the handful of games i have played, its really nice having full rosters for every team and to me outweighs the few little annoyances with the names here and there. please bring to my attention any strange occurrences you may come across.

thanks for reading. enjoy!

Last edited by portlandblazer; 02-03-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: 90-91 roster (360)

How would i create that glitch? Id love to rename a few guys in the free agent pool to create some of the missing players..
Old 02-03-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 23

go to create a team and name the coach as the player whos name you want to change. now take this team into association mode and export the team. quit association and load up the roster and load the team you just exported. go to create a team and change the coaches name to whatever you want the players name to be.

a few things you need to know - the original players name will have to have the same or more letters in each the first and last name. for example if i want to create a guy named john smith i have to use a player with at least 4 letters in his first name and 5 in his last. also, any name you change will be changed throughout the league. example, if you change james jones to tim ray then solomon jones will be solomon ray and james harden will be tim harden etc... and you will lose jones in the name database so although caps names wont be changed they will no longer have a name when they make a basket but rather just the number or nickname. i suggest, if you can, using players with one of the same names. example if you are creating a player name steve jones to use a player with the first name of steve or last name of jones.

another thing. i came across a lot of weird things happening so when i created my teams to be exported i always chose 12 nenes to avoid some strange random names changing. also i filled up all create a team slots but the last one and used the last slot for loading my exported team. if not i would occasionally come accross an occurrence where the 80s and 90s legend teams would be called "nene 90s east" etc... LOL dont know why or how.

anyway when you do this make sure to save a roster for each change you make so if you notice any unwanted glitches you can go back. i had changed donte greene to andre turner and at some point in the process it had changed to andre brown, who knows why but i had to end up making another andre turner out of rodney stuckey because i didnt want to go back and re-do all the work over again. or when my jeff martin mysteriously changed to jeff LAST. i suggest scanning the entire roster for any unwanted changes after every change you make.

youll notice if you check out the free agent list i used all the unwanted name changed players as fictional free agents.

if you had in mind adding mark price i would say that deleting a cap of a player of lesser importance and doing the name change with him. then you can upload the mark price dna from my 90 roster and re-acquire it on the 91 roster. the reason is that most of the good player models have been used already, it would be tough to trying to find any body left that resembles mark price in the slightest. maybe pete maravich but his hair is way too long and marko jaric has too much facial hair.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:51 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

cool...good to know. I just wish they would put the "assign exported player to other roster" glitch was left alone...

not THIS years version of the glitch...the original one...i was able to create ANYBODY i wanted using the draft feature
Old 02-03-2010, 05:40 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

i wish you would work backwards instead portlandblazer. isnt it kind of pointless to do the late 80's early 90's roster if 2k doesnt have the short shorts and many retro jerseys in the game? It will be 2k11 before you get to the era most of us are looking for. love the rosters though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
i wish you would work backwards instead portlandblazer. isnt it kind of pointless to do the late 80's early 90's roster if 2k doesnt have the short shorts and many retro jerseys in the game? It will be 2k11 before you get to the era most of us are looking for. love the rosters though
remember he is doing this for his enjoyment and being kind enough to share with us his great rosters.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
If you want late 90's or early 2000's you can play ps1 and ps2 basketball games, or dreamcast.

It is probably difficult for anyone under the age of 26 to appreciate these rosters so far. I think it's safe to say the guys who chime in on pb's threads consistently are all closing in on 30 years old at least, or older.

I love the 12 man rosters, my vote is to continue doing it this way. can't wait for 1992-93....the best year in the history of the NBA in my opinion! thanks.

Last edited by GaryT531; 02-03-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

i probably ask this question too much (it's the anal perfectionist in me) but anyone have any recommended sliders for these?

i haven't touched this game in a month...kinda torn about whether i like it. i guess 2k8 rubbed off on me too much...

thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »