Home

DavonBrown's Sliders

This is a discussion on DavonBrown's Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-31-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 22
DavonBrown's Sliders

Thanks to Playmakers for the base.

Defensive Assist Strength: 5

Difficulty: *Pro* or All Star
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Clutch Factor: On
Real Player FT%: On
Game Speed: 45
Player Speed: 60 (For Association)
Free Throw Difficulty: 100

NBA RULES
Charging Foul: 100
Blocking Foul: 100
Reaching Foul: 65
Shooting Foul: 100
Loose Ball Foul: 100

USER/CPU

OFFENSE
Inside Shot: 40/47
Close Shot: 42/46
Mid-Range: 45/48
3pt: 47/50
Layup: 45/48
Dunk: 48/48
Dunks In Traffic: 0/0

DEFENSE
Steal Success: 50/75
Help Defense Strength: 75/100

ATTRIBUTES
Quickness: 0/0
Vertical: 35/35
Strength: 50/50
Stamina: 45/45
Durability: 65/65
Hustle: 35/35
Ball Handling: 50/50
Hands: 0/0
Dunking Ability: 35/35
On-Ball Defense: 48/100
Stealing: 50/75
Blocking: 50/100
Offensive Awareness: 20/45
Defensive Awareness: 90/100
Offensive Rebounding: 85/85
Defensive Rebounding: 75/75
Clutch Factor: 45/45
Consistency: 30/50
Injury Severity: 80/80

TENDENCIES
Inside Shot: 50/5
Close Shot: 50/25
Mid-Range: 50/40
3pt: 50/35
Attack the Basket: 50/100
Look for Post Players: 50/90
Throw Alley Oops: 50/50
Attempt Dunks: 10/24
Attempt Putbacks: 45/45
Throw Flashy Passes: 50/0
Commit Fouls: 100/80
Play Passing Lanes: 100/100
Go For On-Ball Steals: 10/12
Contest Shots: 100/95
Backdoor Cuts: 0/50

This slider set makes for a challenging game, while keeping gameplay realistic. I'll be honest, I don't really care as much about accurate stats and I'll tolerate some stat issues as long as I see realistic action on the court. Luckily, these sliders produce both. They force you to play good defense. If you don't, you will pay. In my first game with these, the CPU shot 61% from the field. Since then my defense has improved and I'm seeing the CPU shoot in the 40%-52% range each game.

Last edited by DavonBrown; 03-02-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: DavonBrown's Sliders

Good idea making your own thread. I felt some people were getting confused and lost as to the settings you didn't post.

Few recommendations:

You should post whether or not you're playing with custom rosters. It'd be best if these were intended for 2k's rosters, since it will be more accessible across consoles

Also noticed a setting for Player Speed, thus implying Association. Any changes for Quick Games? I know the Player Speed setting slightly adjusts for the lower Game Speed.

Lastly, is 10 minutes you're recommended setting? Or is it explicitly only for 10? It'd be nice to put a range, say 10-12 min with a recommendation of 10.

The more details you post in the beginning, the fewer questions will be asked later on.

Last edited by pyr0sphere; 01-31-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
Good idea making your own thread. I felt some people were getting confused and lost as to the settings you didn't post.

Few recommendations:

You should post whether or not you're playing with custom rosters. It'd be best if these were intended for 2k's rosters, since it will be more accessible across consoles

Also noticed a setting for Player Speed, thus implying Association. Any changes for Quick Games? I know the Player Speed setting slightly adjusts for the lower Game Speed.

Lastly, is 10 minutes you're recommended setting? Or is it explicitly only for 10? It'd be nice to put a range, say 10-12 min with a recommendation of 10.

The more details you post in the beginning, the fewer questions will be asked later on.
Thanks I edited the first post.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

How is the cpu playing with tendency changes? I'm curious about the Close, Mid, 3PT, Attack and Backdoor Cuts as they are (except for the Attack) different from what you used before. Also how do they stand up with the new patch (which I still haven't dled)?
NY Yankees
4 Life.....

Last edited by DiceMan; 01-31-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
MVP

I recommend the new patch. The tendencies are great. I was sick and tired of them taking one dribble and pulling up for a mid-range jumper. It was too predictable. Also I was playing against the Nuggets one game and they kept ignoring Melo in the post. Now that they are looking into the post with new tendencies I had to lower the take inside shot and close shot sliders. It looks good because guys like Shaq and Melo will receive the entry pass, try to make a move, fail, then pass it out to the wing for a shot or for the re-entry to the post. I also upped back door cuts to make the AI offense flow better. It plays pretty good you should try them out. Derrick Rose is in full attack mode all game with these tendencies. The penetrate and kick is lethal against the Bulls. Finally, I upped clutch factor so that stars take over in big moments. Not only is that happening now, but I feel like the star players are more involved in the AI offense overall. Kobe scored 20 points in the fourth quarter of a CPU vs CPU game last night. I'm very satisfied with these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I recommend the new patch. The tendencies are great. I was sick and tired of them taking one dribble and pulling up for a mid-range jumper. It was too predictable. Also I was playing against the Nuggets one game and they kept ignoring Melo in the post. Now that they are looking into the post with new tendencies I had to lower the take inside shot and close shot sliders. It looks good because guys like Shaq and Melo will receive the entry pass, try to make a move, fail, then pass it out to the wing for a shot or for the re-entry to the post. I also upped back door cuts to make the AI offense flow better. It plays pretty good you should try them out. Derrick Rose is in full attack mode all game with these tendencies. The penetrate and kick is lethal against the Bulls. Finally, I upped clutch factor so that stars take over in big moments. Not only is that happening now, but I feel like the star players are more involved in the AI offense overall. Kobe scored 20 points in the fourth quarter of a CPU vs CPU game last night. I'm very satisfied with these.
Thanks for the quick response man. My only issue with the patch is the 3pt/big man stuff...are you seeing any of that in game? I can live with it if it's only sim related. Thanks again for your work.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 01-31-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
MVP

I've only been playing Quick Games and I've never seen it. The closest thing I've seen to it is Zach Randolph shooting a long 2(he does it in real life).
Old 01-31-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can i use these sliders on superstar difficulty lvl?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »