Home

Help me pick a team for a franchise

This is a discussion on Help me pick a team for a franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

OVR: 5
Help me pick a team for a franchise

I'm not a Madden veteran, but I do know the rules of football. I'd like to start a single player franchise on all-pro difficulty. Because I'm not a vet, I don't want to make it too hard, but I also want the chance to maybe build a team over time. I've narrowed it down to Patriots, Packers, Vikings, Cardinals and Ravens. Which team do you think would be most rewarding?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Help me pick a team for a franchise

I say the Pat's. If you are not a vet you need a good QB to win on All-Pro. They have that and an older team with a few good younger players. Just my $.02 worth.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I say go with the Vikings. They're a solid team right now, but they've got some aging vets (Brett Favre, Pat Williams, etc.) that you'll need to replace soon. They're built to win now, but the retiring players that you'll need to replace should keep you interested beyond the first season.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:42 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

I agree with perfect on some things, but I pick the Ravens.

Vikings will be the most fun, but on the other hand AP is practically a cheat in this game.

Here's why I pick the Ravens:

There's a lot of positional turnover in the first few seasons (first 3-4) to be decided.

Ray Lewis- Age
Ed Reed- Age
Ray Rice- New Deal? Trade?
Willis McGahee- Cut? Trade?
Derrick Mason- Age
Todd Heap- Age
Terrell Suggs- Age

Hell, even Flacco if you decide you don't like him.

IF you're able to land a stud CB, stud WR, and a better 2nd RB than WMcG, along with effectively transitioning past the 30/52 era and maintaining a quality QB...that's a damn good job.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:43 AM   #5
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

If your looking to build up a franchise over a few years I think the Vikings or Cardinals are good choices because both have aging QBs that will need to be replaced soon while still having other talented younger players you can build around for years to come (think of Larry Fitz and AP being cornerstones of their respective teams)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 04:17 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'll start by saying I am biased. My pick would be the Packers, full of young players with a few vets to make decisions about (specifically Harris and Woodson). Also what do you do with Kampman? I think he is overrated as a LB so the question is go back to the 4-3 and convert him to his natural DE position or keep the 3-4 and trade him (assuming you want to stay realistic to the NFL, even though Kampman is a dominant 3-4 DE in the game).
Old 01-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
Rookie

skeletore2002's Arena

Wow, 5 responses and all 5 teams have been suggested, so I'm no closer to picking one, haha. I feel like any of those 5 would suit me well, but I still can't decide....
Old 01-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Try a team that will be a challenge that you can build into a winner. I chose the Bills after my first franchise as the Ravens because it was way too easy on All pro for me. I am now in the superbowl with the bills but in the off season it is a lot of fun making a crappy team into a winner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »