Home

Old 01-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Curl Routes

The curl route. A good play in Madden but how many times does a receiver break like three tackles and the animation has him running back to the LOS. A ten yard gain turning into a 2 yard gain. Does forward momentum dictate that he gets the ten yard completion or does he get spotted where he's finally tackled?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Curl Routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
The curl route. A good play in Madden but how many times does a receiver break like three tackles and the animation has him running back to the LOS. A ten yard gain turning into a 2 yard gain. Does forward momentum dictate that he gets the ten yard completion or does he get spotted where he's finally tackled?
first off, how do you get the curl route to work? in last years game, i liked the curl route, but in this years game it seems the CPU's DBs just that route everytime
Old 01-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Argh. I hate that.

I also hate when they jump and move back about 4 yds then ended up right in range of a DL or LB and turn a 7 yd gain into a 3 yd gain.

What I've found is if you're getting hit and the guy isn't going down - DON'T DO ANYTHING - and hope he gets tackled before the tackle is broken. If that happens, then I find I always get forward progress - however, if the tackle is broken then he gets hit right after, then the place where the tackle is broken is where the spot usually is.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
first off, how do you get the curl route to work? in last years game, i liked the curl route, but in this years game it seems the CPU's DBs just that route everytime

Seems you have to wait until the CB is playing off. The WR will get his depth and you can throw it right at the top of the route, and the WR should be able to bring it in. Just watch out for a buzz zone from the OLB or the SS.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Seems you have to wait until the CB is playing off. The WR will get his depth and you can throw it right at the top of the route, and the WR should be able to bring it in. Just watch out for a buzz zone from the OLB or the SS.
trust me man...i know exactly what you're talking about. but it seems in this years game the CBs back pedal FOREVER and are always on the balls of their feet ready to jump the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 34

The curl can work, but you better be sure thatyou throw it, just at the point he wastalking about.

The reason why the "jumping" is happening, is because the CBs lose no speed backpeddling, or transitioning from packpeddle, to a sprint, or a drive back to the ball.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

Curls are all about timing in this game. I think they beat soft man, cover 2 hard, cover 4, and cover 3 zones without buzz zones on that side. That's a lot of defenses!

I like to go and use curls against an opponent who uses base cover 3 a lot as it's a very safe, consistent call that can still go to the house if you shake that one CB behind him. Going to a safe curl route on a 2nd and long or even on a 3rd and medium is a great idea. I love seeing a base cover 3 when I come out with curl-flats called. It's easy pickings at that point.

Curls don't work against man press or cover 2 soft zone, so keep that in mind.

This may not have answered anything you were talking about, but I've been itching to talk a little bit about the curl route in M10 for a while now.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #8
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah. Its a great route to run especially when its man coverage. Just when sometimes its on a third down and ill have the first only to miraculously break about three tackles and end up closer to the LOS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »