Home

skins 'chise

This is a discussion on skins 'chise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5
skins 'chise

any1 have a skins franchise goin? just curious what moves you made and what slider set, if any you use. gettin ready to start one but just wanna see what others do with my fav. team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: skins 'chise

Skins are my squad too. Here's what I've done:

* I have a 32-team 'chise waiting at the end of the year, so that i can make all the real-life draft and coaching moves. I figure that one will keep me occupied until the summer when Madden 11 comes out.

* Then I have another one that I've gone forward with. I have traded Portis back to Denver for picks. I let Carlos Rogers walk (actually, he wouldn't sign with us), and he signed with the Ravens as a free agent. I also dumped Randle El for a 6th-rounder, and signed Campbell to a one-year deal for about $6mil.

In the draft, I got CJ Spiller, Jordan Shipley, and some help along the offensive line and at linebacker. In free agency, I signed Fabian Washington and Michael Adams, to replace Rogers and Chris Horton, who asked for ridiculous money (he signed with the Saints).

At quarterback, I picked up Tony Pike in the late rounds, and we'll see if he can challenge Campbell this year. If not, I might go back in next year and look for another QB.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

nice. what sliders do u use? if you control all 32 teams do you have to do all offseason moves or can the cpu do that?

i also am looking to move randle el and maybe portis. we definetly need offenseive line help. dont think shanahan is on coach list so not sure what to do about that. controlling 32 teams would definetly take time and could possibly make for a good chise if done right.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

just started one with the deadskins. Got Bolt as my QB.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

carlos rogers always ask for way to much money ever time i make a franchise too.
NFL-NFC-Washington Redskins
AFC-NewYork Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 01:42 AM   #6
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I've played 2 seasons using these http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate-2-a.html
w/ the Skins.
I traded away Carlos Rogers, D. Hall, F. Smoot, and R. Thomas for players and draft picks.
I got Chad Reinhart starting at RG(yr 2), he's got about the same blocking skills as Randy Thomas.
I lost the Superbowl in yr. 1 V.S. Pats
Just won it my 2nd yr. V.S. Colts

I moved Laron Landry to SS, which is overall 95 now.
K. Barnes(started at nickel yr. 2) is developing nicely and should be a starter going into yr. 3. Signed Lito Shepard to be my 2nd cb. Also traded D. Hall and some picks for Brandon Flowers, 24yrs old(89 ovr. Pot. A)
I also signed Ron Rivera as my D. Coordinator, which gave all my Linebacker +5 on pursuit.
So only players I've lost or got rid of, were the guys I listed above.

I wanted to draft Bolt, but I'm glad I didn't. He can't throw very well. He is almost like a M. Vick clone. I got Colt Brennan backing up J.C. and Brennan w/ my coaching staff, has 99 on Short throw acc. So he is not a bad backup at all.
I like how J.C. can pass on the run and especially off of PA passes. When my running game is going, J.C. is money.
Looking forward to seeing how he progresses going into yr. 3.

I drafted Kenny Coker(85ovr. Pot. B), 1st offseason, and he is an Emmitt Smith clone imo. If C.P. gets any worse, Kenny will be starting yr. 3.

Also drafted an athletic FS, Adrian Dansby(75ovr. Pot. B, he forced 3 fumbles and was in on alot of tackles and knocked a bunch of balls down. He started all of yr. 2, I did control him most of the season b/c his awarness is really low as rook.

Drafted Jammal Walker RT(83ovr. Pot. B), who started all yr. 2. Didn't do too bad, I did struggle a bit more in yr. 2 w/ Chad Reinhart RG(76ovr. Pot. B), starting and Jammal at RT. I was able to run better as the season went on, and especially in the playoffs.
Drafted J.J. Jackson CB(66 ovr. Pot. B), made the Pro Bowl as a returner.

The key to winning w/ this team was, running and stopping the run. The games I lost, was b/c I couldn't get my run game going.
Also I like how Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, and Marko Mitchell played. They all should progress pretty well going into yr. 3 b/c they all had a good yr. beating their 1st yr numbers.
Fred Davis is ready to start and I'm glad I had him, b/c I lost Cooley early in the playoffs yr. 2.

I went 11-5 in both of my 1st 2 seasons w/ these sliders.
So they don't seem too easy. 1st Yr. J.C. had a 95 qb rating, 2nd yr. 84 qb rating. Mainly do to my younger O-line and secondary. C.P. had almost 1500 rushing yds in yr. 1, and 1100 in yr. 2. I also blame this on the younger O-line.

Going into Yr. 3, I'll be looking for a MLb in the draft, H.B. Blades did well, so he may end up taking London Fletcher's spot. I hope Fletcher returns b/c he lead my team in tackles for the last 2yrs and is a big reason for being in the top 5 in rush D for 2yrs now.
I also will be looking for DE, A.C. may not get any better, and he got worse after yr. 1, so we'll see on that. Maybe a center, but Casey Rabach made the Pro Bowl, so he may get better too.

Beyond that, the rest of the team is pretty young and should be set for yr. 3. Just now getting done w/ yr. 2. So I haven't started my 2nd offseason yet.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I am in my second season of my Redskins franchise. I finished the first season 8-8. I fired Zorn and his staff and brought in Russ Grimm as my head coach. Re-signed Rocky McIntosh and Chris Horton. Jason Campbell wouldn't re-sign, so I ended up trading Clinton Portis to Arizona for Matt Leinart and their 2nd round pick. Signed Jevon Kearse, Amobe Okoye, Samari Rolle, and Dre Bly to help fill some holes on my defense.I figured I could get a good RB in the first round since I had the 17th pick. I ended up taking Montario Hardesty. Also picked up Golden Tate, Ricky Sapp, and Toby Gerheart as well.

The first game of my second season was against Denver. Leinart didn't have a great game. He was 16-28 for 198 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. He also had a fumble that was picked up and returned for a TD. Hardesty ran the ball well for me. He carried the ball 17 times for 91 yards and a TD, and also caught 3 passes for 62 yards. I ended up getting beat 24-17. Moreno had a good game for the Broncos. He had 110 yards on 20 carries and a TD. Brandon Marshall only had 4 catches for 37 yards, but 2 of his catches were TD's.

Next up is the Carolina Panthers. Hopefully my defense can put some pressure on Delhomme and force some turnovers. I also hope Leinart can get in a groove and prove his worth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »