Home

Is anyone getting it for the psp this year?

This is a discussion on Is anyone getting it for the psp this year? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Question Is anyone getting it for the psp this year?

I have bought MLB the show for my psp for 3 staight years now, as I can only play this title for my psp, because I own and xbox 360..and let me tell you, its pretty sad when this game for the psp, is still the better baseball game of MLB 2k9, FOR THE XBOX 360!! I mean when you get way more fun out of a psp game, then an xbox game, then you know that company isnt doing anything right lol(2k). but anyways I just wanted to find out if you have heard any news on the psp, or if you guys are going to buy it again this year. I love this game for the psp, I just really think it needs a re-vamp!!I mean it has been almost the same since 07, with some minor graphical changes and a few different gamplay tweaks..I just want to know if it is worth droppin 40 bucks on again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Is anyone getting it for the psp this year?

I will be getting it for the PSP as I do every year.

But the UMD version or PSN version I have yet to decide on.

If there is an install option like GT has where it cuts load times to almost nothing... then I will get the UMD. If not, then the PSN version for way faster load times.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I will be getting it for the PSP as I do every year.

But the UMD version or PSN version I have yet to decide on.

If there is an install option like GT has where it cuts load times to almost nothing... then I will get the UMD. If not, then the PSN version for way faster load times.
yeah..i got psp 3000..so i have to get the UMD

but what do you hope is added to the game this year...?

1.I hope they finally add a true franchise this year(but i doubt they will)

2.improve the graphics, i would love to fianly see umpires!!!! and maybe the batters box not look so much like white paint,lol

3.improve color/lighting/grass/dirt

4.add animations

5.improve presentation, again, they need to finally add atleast a home plate umpire!! it would add a lot to the overall presentation, and at the same time, it would not be too demanding to actauly do.

but i did hear that they added some more betting stances
Old 01-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron6_MVP
yeah..i got psp 3000..so i have to get the UMD

but what do you hope is added to the game this year...?

1.I hope they finally add a true franchise this year(but i doubt they will)

2.improve the graphics, i would love to fianly see umpires!!!! and maybe the batters box not look so much like white paint,lol

3.improve color/lighting/grass/dirt

4.add animations

5.improve presentation, again, they need to finally add atleast a home plate umpire!! it would add a lot to the overall presentation, and at the same time, it would not be too demanding to actauly do.

but i did hear that they added some more betting stances
You can still get the PSN version on the PSP3000. I have the 2000 and I will be getting it for much faster load times if the install option is not there on the UMD.

As far as the other stuff, some we wont get sadly, because of the UMD size and memory size.

See this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I was able to ask a few things about the PSP version, but the answer I got was pretty much the same for all of them - there just isn't enough space on the UMD or memory on the PSP for the guys to get everything they want into the game. That goes for Franchise, on-screen umpires, and broadcast-type replays like the PS3 Show has. And, PS3/PSP connectivity probably isn't going to happen because the two are just completely different animals.

It boils down to them making a decision to not cheapen the experience in other areas to get things like this in. Trust me: they know about this stuff and I'm sure they want to do it, but the PSP's hardware and UMD's are just too limiting.

I mentioned the Wrigley bleachers to Russell, but they aren't going to get in this year.

I am sure more polish will be in it though.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

We have a PS3 in the living room (my son and myself). My son in his room has a ps2. Any word on upgrades to the ps2? Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 29

I just got mlb 09 for psp, I couldnt before cuz my UMD drive broke, but now that i can download it I did and it looks and feels pretty similar to mlb07, and with small tidbits of it seeming the same, I highly recommend not buying this when u have the same game already... but thats just me and i only have it on psp for lunch breaks at work lol. PS3 version is obviously far superior...

just go get a slim!!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:17 AM   #7
MVP

metal134's Arena

I will probably get the PSN version.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
Rookie

cnh2os84's Arena

OVR: 4

I've just recently picked up 09 for PSP, so probably get 10 for only PS3 this year. Come 2011, I'll probably pick up for PSP and PS3 again.

I've heard talk of being able to get PSN download for 2000/3000 as well as GO. Would this version work for an original fat 1000 as well (my memory stick is big enough, so memory not a problem)? The UMD is SOOOO loud on that thing! My gf thought I was snoring one time when it was just the UMD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »