Home

Wow, So No One Cares About The CPU Reverting Back To 2k9 Like Zip Passes To Cutters

This is a discussion on Wow, So No One Cares About The CPU Reverting Back To 2k9 Like Zip Passes To Cutters within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Wow, So No One Cares About The CPU Reverting Back To 2k9 Like Zip Passes To Cutters

Wow, is there actually only 2 people noticing this, or is this issue relevent amongst all posters, everybody on OS had been giving props for the CPU realism after the 1st patch, most people on here play against the CPU, why is nobody mentioning this. The realism on the CPU was by far one of the most well done features of the game this year, and insted of simply leaving it alone, they actually installed a patch that made the game regress, why is this. I read that the dev team was trying to fix the problem with being too general on the assists count and they did fix this issue, but WOW, what difference does it make when every posession ends up in a pass to the paint, smmfh.I cant believe they touched the one thing about this game that was almost perfect, there was no need to change anything about how the CPU played for this patch, the only necessary change was to make the CPU pass out of layups less, they accomplished this also, now insted of passing out of layups they will force a pass before they even attempt to lay the ball up. EVERY TIME THE CPU ATTACKS THE BASKET THEY FORCE A PASS TO A CUTTER, NOT TO A SPOT UP SHOOTER, TO A CUTTER NO MATTER WHERE HE IS CUTTING AT, IRL PASSES ARE NOT EVEN MADE TO MOVING PLAYERS ONCE THE D ROTATES CAUSE IT LEAVES A SPOT UP SHOOTER OPEN, AFTER THE 2ND PATCH IT IS TERRIBLE AND IT HAPPENDS EVERY TIME.1st they release the game with the CPU playing jacked up (due to the atk th bas tendancy at 0) then they patch it and it instantly becomes the best simulated CPU in sports games period , then they patch it again to remove the isolations, pull up jumpers, pick and rolls, pick and pops, ect to replace it with constant passing to the post up player or the cutter, instead of balancing the perimeter and post up isolations, they replaced perimeter isolations for post isolations on every posession, man, this sucks.

Last edited by Chi Town Boss; 01-22-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Wow, So No One Cars About The CPU Reverting Back To 2k9 Like Zip Passes To Cutter

In all honesty, I was wondering about that myself. The game wasn't playing anything like I remembered. The backdoor cuts seemed a little weird from what I remembered the title to be like before the patch. I am seriously worn out trying to figure this game out with it's numerous quirks and secrets. Why did they put out a broken patch? Freaking big menall overthe game are shooting the long ball at an alarming rate. Ridiculous. Might just stick to blockbusters from now on or something.......
Old 01-22-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Wow, So No One Cars About The CPU Reverting Back To 2k9 Like Zip Passes To Cutter

Not trying to be a jerk, but I really don't want to read a huge block of words. It kills my eyes. Someone mind breaking it apart or sum it up?
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 01-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #4
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

If what your saying is actually true than this is heart breaking. I don't get my x-box back till next week and I have no way of just getting the first patch. . . There has to be a way around these issues.

What roster are you using? A lot of time and effort has been put into the Nogster 2.0 roster. Tendencies of every player have been fine tuned for realism, try that and tell me what you think.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

I thought the patches specifically addressed passes to cutters in the paint, which was too prevalent in the game prior to the patches. Now this post indicates it's become worse. Can someone clarify?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabanski
I thought the patches specifically addressed passes to cutters in the paint, which was too prevalent in the game prior to the patches. Now this post indicates it's become worse. Can someone clarify?
I have downloaded the patch and I am simply not seeing this at all..it's just as prevelant as it was after the first patch..If anything I am seeing the CPU isolate more and go to the basket without passing...
Old 01-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
If what your saying is actually true than this is heart breaking. I don't get my x-box back till next week and I have no way of just getting the first patch. . . There has to be a way around these issues.

What roster are you using? A lot of time and effort has been put into the Nogster 2.0 roster. Tendencies of every player have been fine tuned for realism, try that and tell me what you think.
I am using the official roster from 2k currently, but im sure its not the roster cause I have tried other rosters and I edited a few tandancies myself and got the same forced passing result. Im still trying different things, but I still have yet to see a jumper off the dribble or a CPU isolation, I think 2k forced teams to continously run plays for the post up player, the ball goes to the post damn near every posession reguardless of who the big is.

I have not seen bigs shooting 3's at all though, I dont think that is a problem on 360, I encourage all of yall posters to play a game against the CPU and I want yall to focus on what the CPU does when attacking the basket, you will be able to notice what im saying by doing that, this is horrible.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I have downloaded the patch and I am simply not seeing this at all..it's just as prevelant as it was after the first patch..If anything I am seeing the CPU isolate more and go to the basket without passing...
Are you playing on PS3, if that is the case then I think PS3 and the 360 are having different sets of problems. I see PS3 users saying that bigs are shooting 3's in games, and I have not seen that at all, I also see PS3 users saying the CPU is playing better, so im thinking that each patch affected the game differently. Is there anybody on 360 who also sees the CPU playing realistic, cause I have tried every difficulty and I have tried messing with sliders, and no matter what I did the CPU never settled for jumpers and always forced passes to cutters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »