Home

AJ CLeary Draft QUESTION(spOILERS)

This is a discussion on AJ CLeary Draft QUESTION(spOILERS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-19-2010, 01:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
AJ CLeary Draft QUESTION(spOILERS)

Theres two wrs who are 6'5 with A potential. D'andre Cobbs and Javier Willis. Cobbs has better potential but is only rated as 66.Whereas, Willis is 79 but has lower potential. Anybody have any info on these guys and have played with them(pause)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: AJ CLeary Draft QUESTION(spOILERS)

I'm a little confused, both are A potential but Cobbs has better potential? Personally I haven't played with these guys but would take Willis because he can be an immediate contributor with a 79 OVR. Both being 6'5" is nice, do you know their SPD ratings? I would assume Willis has better CTH and AWR with his higher OVR. Hope that helps.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIt5
I'm a little confused, both are A potential but Cobbs has better potential? Personally I haven't played with these guys but would take Willis because he can be an immediate contributor with a 79 OVR. Both being 6'5" is nice, do you know their SPD ratings? I would assume Willis has better CTH and AWR with his higher OVR. Hope that helps.
thanks for the reply.I mean to say that Willis has better hands and speed but Cobbs Potential Bar is all the way to the maximum but Willis' bar is not as high. And in gamefaqs draft guide, cobbs is the first WR listed, which means he will be the best WR in that class, when its all said and done (cheese,i know )
Old 01-19-2010, 03:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't think the order they are in that guide is based on how good they will be. That list orders the players by potential first, then draft round, then position in said round (pretty sure on this). I took a peak and based on that "cheat sheet" Willis has 91 SPD to Cobbs 86 SPD. That right there tells me Willis is better long term and short term. It also has a WR projected in the 5th round with A potential and 94 SPD (not sure on his height, which I also consider when drafting) who I would much rather pickup over Cobbs (faster and will sign for much less money).
Old 01-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #5
Rookie

thanks for the replies yall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
Rookie

And their Both 21 lol. imo, age matters a lot. I rarely try to nab a 23-24 year old rookie unless hes a certifed stud.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

It warms my heart that there's a draft named after me.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

I'll take Terrence Trunk (6'9") over these guys any day.

and Darrick Conroy at QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »