Home

Early Enrollee's aka Green Shirts

This is a discussion on Early Enrollee's aka Green Shirts within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-18-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
Rookie

strictbusiness14's Arena

OVR: 5
Early Enrollee's aka Green Shirts

I just posted the idea to the official wishlist, but I would really like some input on the idea (especially if someone from the development team could comment, however unrealistic that might be).

There are plenty of players that enroll early and practice with the team in the spring before their freshman year in real life. Why not have something along the lines of a green shirt logo on certain recruits to indicate that they have the desire and capability to enroll early. Then, if they commit to a team before offseason recruiting begins, they are enrolled in the school and get the same benefits of offseason training as the returning players do (ratings improvements).

It seems like it would be a minor tweak. All they'd need to do is add one logo and one very simple variable to the prospects in recruiting and have that variable act as a trigger to allow those freshmen to be added to offseason training.

Am I way off base here, or is this actually as simple as I think it is?

Addition: Wouldn't it also add a new wrinkle in how players evaluate prospects? A prospect who early enrolls might not be as good as a player ranked ahead of him on signing day, but could leapfrog them before the season starts...so that will have to be factored in when looking at two similar players.

Last edited by strictbusiness14; 01-18-2010 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Addition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #2
Rookie

King_CEPS_11's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Early Enrollee's aka Green Shirts

Ya I think this would be a great addition and should be simple to add The only problem I foresee, and I don't know if this has anything to do with why this isn't currently in the game or not, but by ncaa rule you can only have as many players enroll early as you have graduate early.
Ex. If you have five players graduate in december you can have up to five kids enroll in the spring semester.

Again I don't know if the game actually goes by this rule and is why they have not put it in or what, but that would be the only logical reasoning I could see behind them not having it in the game.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:42 AM   #3
Rookie

strictbusiness14's Arena

I see what you're saying, but how often would a team have so many EE's and so few graduating/leaving for the draft/transferring players in the same offseason? I guess it's a lot more likely in a video game than in real life, so your point is valid. I just think that if that was a problem, they could add a screen that pops up (if the situation arose) with all the committed EE's and the number of available spots. It would be the opposite of the "Cut Players" screen, basically. And with the players who you don't enroll, you run the risk of them opening their recruiting back up or choosing their #2 school or something.

I don't know...I just think it would be easy enough to work around that, but you could certainly be right.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:45 AM   #4
Rookie

King_CEPS_11's Arena

OVR: 1

Ya I don't think it would happen very often that you would go over, but it was the only reason I could think of for them not doing it. I mean I'm not a video game programmer or anything like that but it doesn't seem like such a difficult task to me.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Rookie

strictbusiness14's Arena

Any other thoughts on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like the idea, but what I'd really like to see is more offseason interaction as a whole. I think if they were able to insert some sort of specialized "spring training" feature or at very least a spring scrimmage, having green shirts would be a really nice addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »