Home

Community Day Questions, Answers, and Impressions

This is a discussion on Community Day Questions, Answers, and Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Community Day Questions, Answers, and Impressions

Fellas;

Now that it is confirmed that SCEA is once again going to have a Community Day for O.S.....I'm going to offer some of my time to checking out things for you guys.

I will DO MY BEST to check these out...and I'll be honest....uni's/accessories and stances/motions is not my thing...so keep that in mind.

A few "ground rules"(just to make it easier for me to get through this thread in the upcoming two days)
POST QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS TO CHECK SOMETHING ONLY PLEASE!! KEEP IT CONCISE(meaning no "This really bugged me last year because on the MLB network they do this...so is this in this year" or....commenting on another members post or reiterating what they are asking.(PLEASE)

Also....while any of the other guys going can jump in here if they like...I'm the only one offering to do so right now...so if something is missed or incorrect...it's on me.(I'll take my lumps)

Shoot-

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
re: Community Day Questions, Answers, and Impressions

Can you all check the Braves throwback jerseys?

See if the umpires are actully consistent with their strikezones.

See if they allow for MP3s as chants, and if there are any more situations for music.

See if they allow the custom music to work during online play.

See if they allow custom rosters for online leagues.

See if they have rotating interleague schedules in Franchise mode

See if the custom reliver entry songs keep playing while throwing warm up pitches
Old 01-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'm going to break my own rule....just because...
THIS IS PERFECT (look up)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

I'd mainly like to know about ratings......

First, Are there any new ratings (or sliders for either gameplay or ratings)?
Ratings:

What does movement on a 4-seam do?
Clutch: does this only trigger in certain situations? And which ones? (kinda general, I know)
Same for pitching clutch.
Does durability also effect stamina?
Baserunning ability and aggression?

General:
How are check swing appeals handled? IE: is it just a dice roll or does it take into account actual breaking the plane or wrists, etc?

Thanks Knight, enjoy your time there!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 60

I'm really going to dig into all aspects of roster control stuff, so I'll jot down that stuff, checking all the unis and stuff isn't my forte either. I want to concentrate on bugs/glitches/gameplay, etc., etc. along with all aspects of roster control, for each team, so it's going to be a tedious thing. I don't want the roster lineup glitch to slip by like it did last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Obviously you can't answer these this second, but please see if you can keep these ones in mind, if possible (these all just came to my head, sorry if they become overwhelming):

1) Is the power swing a toggle button option this year (like the 989 days) as opposed to being a separate swinging button altogether? I believe the IGN preview said something along those lines, but I feel he must have been mistaken.

2) If possible, can you take note if there have been any new outfield throwing animations when momentum is going forward? Last year they mostly had the standard crow-hop and not the charging one (the one where you may see the guy potentially somersault), allowing many runners to score when they shouldn't.

3) Will it be possible for the first baseman to miss throws in the dirt this year (or any throws that weren't over his head)?

4) They said catcher logic was completely reworked. If not in the game, can you find out if there are either different or more efficient approaches to a catcher stopping a wild pitch, or approaching one other than sliding? Obviously sliding is normally the go-to technique in real life, but there are times where it is ineffective as well.

5) Does the strike zone now depend on the stance of the player rather than the player's height itself? As a better way for you to understand this, a 6'2" guy with a crouched stance would have the same strike zone as a 6'2" guy with an upright stance.

6) I won't ask you to be extensive on it, but I'm assuming you've played the game long enough to know how skippy the dusk-to-night progression was last year. I just wanted to know if you have seen any sort of improvements to this time of day progression compared to last year.

7) Will there potentially be a broadcast camera available for Home Run Derby mode, or any sort of variation of cameras that can track the ball's flight in the air?

8) I just want to hear you splurge about the new pickoff system a bit.

9) Same thing with the new check-swing system. It sounds like this year it's much more pressure-sensitive, which is a good thing because half of the time I would rarely tap the button and it would go against me.

10) I'm sure more people will ask about it and you won't have to be too specific, but if you notice an improvement in hit variety with choppers and duck-snort singles, just holla!

Thanks for anything that can be answered!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Thanks for putting this together Knight:

- CPU Roster Control - please make sure it is fixed / retains lineups

- Confirm whether or not fireworks are firing off at the right stadiums and make sure they go off during both day games and night games

- Make sure the schedule is directionally correct

- Confirm whether or not there are different start times for exhibition/franchise games
Old 01-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 47

We have an answer to these questions, well kinda. But still check them out if you can.

1. See if the CPU pitchers are now see in the bull pen during the game?

2. See if you can edit all the colors for the equipment for the players. So they will have different color batting gloves as their teammates. More individuality basically.

3. One more, see if they have the splash hit? If the ball is shown going into the water.

Last edited by Scottdau; 01-16-2010 at 09:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »