Home

Who is tired of patches breaking the game?

This is a discussion on Who is tired of patches breaking the game? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 16
Who is tired of patches breaking the game?

IF you cant patch a basketball game properly, don't make basketball games.

2K and EA should not release another NBA game unless they take enough time to ensure at release it is FUN and game killing GLITCH/BUG free.

If you agree please co-sign.

I have given up on both titles this year like last year and the year before. I am not an addict and do not normally buy sports games, I made a mistake with 2K9 and a mistake this year on both titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2010, 01:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Who is tired of patches breaking the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
IF you cant patch a basketball game properly, don't make basketball games.

2K and EA should not release another NBA game unless they take enough time to ensure at release it is FUN and game killing GLITCH/BUG free.

If you agree please co-sign.

I have given up on both titles this year like last year and the year before. I am not an addict and do not normally buy sports games, I made a mistake with 2K9 and a mistake this year on both titles.
lolol . this is gonna be bad
Old 01-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

you might as well stop playing games then.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

there is no game that can be released bug free no matter how much time they spend, it's not practical in the world we live today, the important thing is them listening to community feedbacks and doing some over work with their released games.

The best example is Football Manager as they release in the exact period of timeseach year and you see that with the last title update they release their game would reach to its potential.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Man, We just need to stop acting like there was a time when these sports games were perfect...

It may feel this way b\c there was a time when we simply enjoyed games and didnt overanalyzie them until we sucked all the fun out of playing them..but they never were...and never will be...

Yes its unfortunate that these patches sometimes malfunction...but hey, its an unperfect science...so we have to live with it if we decide to purchase these games at all...im just glad patches to fix problems exist at all. OP, I doubt youll ever find what you want in these games..

I stopped actively posting in the 2k, Live forums awhile ago, and my enjoyment of the games increased tenfold....the back and forth and bickering actually starts to affect subcons. after awhile lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Man, We just need to stop acting like there was a time when these sports games were perfect...

It may feel this way b\c there was a time when we simply enjoyed games and didnt overanalyzie them until we sucked all the fun out of playing them..but they never were...and never will be...

Yes its unfortunate that these patches sometimes malfunction...but hey, its an unperfect science...so we have to live with it if we decide to purchase these games at all...im just glad patches to fix problems exist at all. OP, I doubt youll ever find what you want in these games..

I stopped actively posting in the 2k, Live forums awhile ago, and my enjoyment of the games increased tenfold....the back and forth and bickering actually starts to affect subcons. after awhile lol
I stopped posting too... until the second 2K10 patch came and here we have NBA LIVE 10 patch 1 and 2 all over again.

If you're telling me they'll always be like this then yes I will stop buying them.

Glad this is the conclusion you feel is satisfactory...
Old 01-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Bugs are an unfotunate part of the modern era and, as 24 says, we pretty much just have to accept that.

The thing I don't get though is what actually happens during all that "we are testing it / SONY / MS are testing it" period

The first patch for LIVE 10 was being "Tested" by EA for 3 weeks...then Sony had it for 3 weeks...

Yet it came out full of bugs.

I don't really understand the whole computer world...I am not a computer guy. LOL

But i don't see how so many bugs were in a patch that was being "tested" for so long. How can you 'not' see those things during that time period when users see the bugs an hour after d/l?

That's what I don't understand.

Or am I just completely not understanding the process here? Is testing some sort of compatability thing and nothing to do with gamemplay?

Would be interested in a PC guy explaining what actually happens during 'testing' if any of you have an idea.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Bugs are an unfotunate part of the modern era and, as 24 says, we pretty much just have to accept that.

The thing I don't get though is what actually happens during all that "we are testing it / SONY / MS are testing it" period

The first patch for LIVE 10 was being "Tested" by EA for 3 weeks...then Sony had it for 3 weeks...

Yet it came out full of bugs.

I don't really understand the whole computer world...I am not a computer guy. LOL

But i don't see how so many bugs were in a patch that was being "tested" for so long. How can you 'not' see those things during that time period when users see the bugs an hour after d/l?

That's what I don't understand.

Or am I just completely not understanding the process here? Is testing some sort of compatability thing and nothing to do with gamemplay?

Would be interested in a PC guy explaining what actually happens during 'testing' if any of you have an idea.
A guy on the Live forums posted he tested for EA. He said the head guy of the testers took complaints but said most complaints will not be fixed due to budget reasons.

This is the most logical explanation to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »