Home

Relocation of teams in Franchise mode

This is a discussion on Relocation of teams in Franchise mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Relocation of teams in Franchise mode

Quote:
My idea for a new feature in MLB 10: The Show that would really improve the series is Create-a-Stadium, as well as the option of relocating your team in franchise, which would be made possible by this feature.

First off, you would have a whole new stadium screen where you would be able to see how old your stadium is, who holds naming rights/the name, it's condition, etc. just like Madden, and everyone here has played Madden. Also, in this stadium screen, you would have an option to attempt to relocate or attempt to build a new stadium. Just like in real life, there would be many possibilities and possible difficulties holding you back from doing either. First, you would have to find an interested city with a venue for baseball or interest in building a new one. After that, building the stadium would have many different aspects and customization features.

First, you would have to determine how much the team and the city would each pay for the stadium and see if you can afford it/agree on it. Then, you would have to customize the stadium with many different options, such as picking retractable roof/dome/open, seat/wall styles and colors, grass or turf, number of luxury suites, dimensions, etc. You get the point. Another challenge you would also face would be trying to meet the budget for building the stadium or agree to pay more for it.

While the stadium is being built, the game could generate cool little pictures of the progress, and you can also come to a deal on selling the stadium naming rights or pick a name yourself. Once it's built, after atleast once full season, you would be able to play in the stadium and enjoy an immersive experience and a sense of achievement that you were able to design, work out, and build your very own stadium! (lol)But seriously, this feature would be groundbreaking, and if built upon, it could bring about countless new options for The Show, improving an already great game to be that much better.
What do you guys think of this idea?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Relocation of teams in Franchise mode

I honestly have no interest in either building a stadium, relocating a team, or starting a team from stratch so to speak. While I did mess around with the feature in the ASB series, it wasn't something that I got into all that much.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I honestly have no interest in either building a stadium, relocating a team, or starting a team from stratch so to speak. While I did mess around with the feature in the ASB series, it wasn't something that I got into all that much.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 01-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Thats a little too hardcore for most people and seesm like a whole othe rgame in itself.

I wouldn't mind a simple ability to relocate the team with a few more generic stadiums that would be programmed to at least show ur team logos and stuff.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

It's not something that I would really make any use of, or want in the games I play, but if they make it an option and SCEA feels it's worthwhile to do so, I'm not going to protest. Give the people what they want, and if the people don't want certain things, give them the option to play without it. Can't go wrong with that philosophy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

i like the idea, i think it wouldnt be too difficult to do. as much as i hate ncaa 10, the teambuilder options are very good. for those of you not familiar, you can login to ea website and create your team, logos, stadium, player rosters. then you can download it to your console.

here is a link to get an idea:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/n...a_school#/home

this would be a nice option for scea to pursue, or at least a better way of doing it.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

When that feature was implemented in ASB it was when MLB was expanding. New teams were being added, relocation was being discussed. So interest in that was high, which is why it was in the game.

NBA live had an expansion mode one year too around the time the Raptors and Grizzlies came in.

If baseball was having an expansion team now that would be a feature I am sure would be added as well as relocation. As of now I don't see a whole lot of interest. I am a franchise guy and play as the Yankees. It would be sacrilegious to move the team or build a new stadium.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
When that feature was implemented in ASB it was when MLB was expanding. New teams were being added, relocation was being discussed. So interest in that was high, which is why it was in the game.

NBA live had an expansion mode one year too around the time the Raptors and Grizzlies came in.

If baseball was having an expansion team now that would be a feature I am sure would be added as well as relocation. As of now I don't see a whole lot of interest. I am a franchise guy and play as the Yankees. It would be sacrilegious to move the team or build a new stadium.

On a more serious note, I do agree with what you said 100%. Especially on the timing of the feature in sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »