Home

Signing Players in Manager Mode

This is a discussion on Signing Players in Manager Mode within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Signing Players in Manager Mode

How do you do it? Currently I am managing a one star team, and I want to sign a player that is at the same level as my highest rated player. He is a 63 overall. I also started looking for a player that was even lower and still no one will sign. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Signing Players in Manager Mode

Are you talking about scouting players or a transfer?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Pork Chop Express's Arena

OVR: 1

If the OP is talking about transfers, he's probably struggling with the same things I am.

I started a few "test" MM saves just to get a feel for the system, and no matter what I cannot seem to sign a transfer with the clubs I've tested with (Leeds, QPR), even by grossly overpaying.

An example as QPR: Spurs were selling Michael Dawson, and just to try it, I offered about 2.5x the transfer fee and almost 2x his weekly wages just to get him to 85% to see if i could actually get a transfer to succeed. Even doing that didn't work.

My Leeds MM is the want I want to use, and I'm trying to sign US players from the MLS (Sacha), or non-Premier League clubs (Bocanegra), and even a fewer higher profile players (Altidore, Specter). No matter what I try and do, I can't seem to land anyone. If there are things related to the manager rating the club's league, or the club's standing, or fi the player isn't listed that would at least temper my expectation of who to sign. All I really want to do is sign a high 60s-low 70s player. If I know I have to at least avoid the upper leagues, that would be something I can work with.

The struggles I have with buying a player away, I also seem to have with loans. Has anyone been able to get a player on loan if he's not listed as being offered on loan?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Yeah, I am struggling with transfers. The scouting isn't posing much of a problem. Pretty cut and dry. But, I can't get anyone to transfer.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

It's been really easy for me. I play with Bradford City and I've gotten all most of my targets. I just get raise the players salary until I get their interest to at least 79% and then raise the Team transfer fee about 1K more. I've targeted 65-ish players. Anything higher is out of my price range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

It's been easy for me as Newcastle as well but my negotiator is level 8. Just raise their wages until their interest hits 80%. I've only needed to increase the transfer fee in a few cases. For guys who are transfer listed you can even go down. I'm guessing if your negotiator is a lower level you need to pay a higher fee and higher wages to ge them to 80%.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Pork Chop Express's Arena

OVR: 1

Everything I read is definitely aligned with what you guys are saying.

What ends up being frustrating is I satisfy the interest goal.

In my current Leeds MM, I made an offer to Spector. I got his interest to 85%(it never seems to go above 85%). I added about 10% to the transfer fee, and couldn't pull it off.

I guess what I'm wondering is that maybe there are other factors I'm not aware of? If my negotiator is only a 4, maybe I need to be closer to 90. If my manager rating is bad maybe I can't chase players on good clubs. if the player is not being listed as "For Sale" or "For Loan" maybe a small club really has no shot.

I'm not looking for a magic "Win" button. Just hoping to get some context.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

You need to look at negotiation history to find out why the signing didn't go through.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »